Search Unity

Value of Standard Ad vs. Reward Ad

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by itsDrew, Jul 11, 2018.

1. itsDrew

itsDrew

tl;dr - Looking for the AVERAGE ratio of revenue earned by standard ad / reward ad.

Given any user what is the value of a reward video (30 seconds locked) vs the standard ad (skippable)?

Example: If we have user A in the USA at 7pm and we have the option to have the user watch a 30 second reward video or a standard skippable ad, (assuming there is NO click through), how much more (if anything) is the reward video worth to us?

I am aware that the answer 'it varies' will be the most common response to this question but I am looking for averages. So, to further the example...

User A in the USA plays our game for 100 years every day at 7pm and watches 1 ad per day, he has watched 36,500 ads. Assume all 36,500 are reward videos.

User B in the USA is the alternate universe version of user A. Everything for user B is identical to user A except that User B watches skippable ads.

At the end of 100 years does user B earn us 50% less? 90% less? equal?

If the answer is still 'it varies' then take the same example and make half the population of the world user A and half the population of the world user B.

Hoping this data is available (though I have a feeling it won't be since irresponsible use of this would cause tons of games to fail)

2. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Hi,

I've sent you a DM based on your other thread (https://forum.unity.com/threads/do-ecpm-stats-vary-by-country.539808/), which I hope also covers this thread.

In short, non-skippable ads are making higher eCPM than skippable, on the other hand you need to make sure you keep user-experience in mind, i.e. still make sure that your players doesn't leave your game. Also google for "mobile game ads best practice", to get some links for integrating ads into mobile games.

/Rasmus