Search Unity

do eCPM stats vary by country?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by itsDrew, Jul 10, 2018.

1. itsDrew

itsDrew

Hello! I'm experiment with my own ad campaign attempting to get the most valuable users to use my app. I believe that eCPM varies by country, but how widely does it vary?

In my ad campaign I can acquire installs from some countries for an average of $.02/install and other countries for $.30+ per install.
    Obviously I want to go with the highest profit margin, but i'm having trouble finding ***RELIABLE*** data on which countries ad views / clicks will be worth the most. I've done the standard google searches to try to find what countries the most valuable users come from, but aside from the top 5 or so entries, the data is inconsistent. Plus, i'm only concerned with the Unity Ad network since that is what i'm using to run the ads on my app. And I have found no hard data on that. Only things like "Quality of users is important. USA users are more valuable than 3rd world countries. etc." I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel. I believe these numbers should be available somewhere.

Example (fake numbers)

If an install from South Africa costs me $0.10 on average
    and an install from Japan costs me $0.40 on average

If the eCPM in my app of a user from South Africa is $1.00
    and the eCPM in my app of a user from Japans $6.00

then it would be more profitable for me to spend resources targeting my ads to Japan. However if the eCPM of a user in my app from South Africa is $2.00 then it is more profitable for me to target South Africa.

Do these numbers by country exist anywhere?

2. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Hi,

Thanks for writing, and as you say, yes the price advertisers are interested in paying for user acquisition does vary across countries. I honestly don't know to what extend we are actually sharing this type of data, and might also depend on how well a specific game is performing in a country, given cultural differences.

How many DAU does your game have?

/Rasmus

3. itsDrew

itsDrew

Thanks for responding...

My game is pretty new, only been out for a week and I turned on the ad services 3 days ago, so its tough to get any reliable stats on it. The Unity dashboard says I have an average DAU of 36 at the moment

This is the first unity project that I've developed independantly start to finish, so it's pretty experimental for me. I do have something in the works that I plan on spending a significant amount of money advertising on, so it would be very beneficial for me to not have to spend weeks/months finding average eCPM's of different regions.

Aren't there more people looking for this data? I can't be the only one trying to do 'advertising arbitrage'.

4. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Will send you DM

/Rasmus

5. murkattar

murkattar

Hello, can you please advise on how ecpm varies by countries?
    PS: I know how it is calculated but am confused about how my app affects it negatively for some countries and positively for others.