Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Updating animation list in Unity with imported blender file

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by Hoshiqua, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Hoshiqua

Hoshiqua

Greetings !

My problem is pretty simple, really. I have created a .blend file (a FPS view model if that matters), which happens to have animations.

Now, the problem I have is that in order for Unity to properly update the animations list, I have to tick off "Import Animations", apply, re-tick "Import Animations", and only then will all the animations be properly imported. If I don't do that, any new animations I create in Blender will not show up in Unity, even when clicking the "+" in the list (Except sometimes where one of the missing animations show up as "Default Take", but that's far from solving the problem).

Re-importing animations is fast enough, but speed is not the problem here : it's having to re-configure import options everytime for all animations, which can take time as I add more and more animations, and it requires memorizing every little bit of specific tweaking you do sometimes, which is a major pain in the bottom.

Did anyone find a way to deal with that ? Am I missing something here ?

Thanks in advance !

SOLUTION FOUND (EDIT) :

When you add new animations, they will not show up on the actual list, even if you try to press the "+" button. HOWEVER, they DO show up in the "Source animation" (or something like that) drop down that associates the actual source to the imported animation. This means that when adding new animations, all you need to do is press "+" as many times as necessary and then assign sources by hand.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    WorldOfPaul likes this.
  2. DevelopingGamesStudios

DevelopingGamesStudios

My animations aren't even showing up in source

mutp likes this.