Search Unity

Updates

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Deleted User, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

@AbrahamDUnity

I'm tired of the Hub updating itself without asking if I agree with that. The last time I saw the notification of a new version was when Unity Hub 2.1.0 was released and today's version is 2.1.2. 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 just installed themselves behind my back.

Why this happens is pretty obvious, all what is needed for the Hub to update itself is restarting it. I close my computer every day, so, when an update is available when I start my computer, it installs itself without producing the notification.

This must change, we must be able to actually give our authorisation before the Hub updates itself. We must get a real choice:
    • "install now" and "install later".
    Install later meaning that the notification must show each time we start the Hub until we click on "Install now".

In the meantime, I've deleted app-uddate.yml.

2. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi @APSchmidt,

Sorry for causing so much frustration. The problem is we need everyone to stay up-to-date on the Hub because supporting most versions of Unity on all versions of the Hub isn't a viable solution for us. We might allow users to disable auto-updating in the future but it will definitely not be encouraged.

Thank you for understanding,

Deleted User likes this.
  3. Deleted User

Deleted User

You have other very serious problems to solve anyway: https://forum.unity.com/threads/why-doesnt-alpha-9-show-up-on-unity-hub.762971/

AbrahamDUnity likes this.