Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

why doesn't alpha 9 show up on unity hub?

Discussion in '2020.1 Beta' started by creat327, Oct 18, 2019.

1. creat327

creat327

It was released more than 24 hours ago and unless you come to the forum, you wouldn't know.

I've seen it happening already a few times. Isn't this an automatic process?

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2019
  3. creat327

creat327

yeah, that's what im saying, it's on the forum but not on the hub. I've seen it a few times already like that. Unless we stop by here, we would have no clue

4. Antypodish

Antypodish

I only suspect the reason is, to eliminate critical issues, before go to hub, and prevent people from bombing complains. Therefore, only dedicated alpha/beta tester can find new version on the forum.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

I doubt it since this happens also when final versions are released.

6. Antypodish

Antypodish

Hmm, that interesting. Well then, that will also make me curious now.

7. creat327

creat327

I just think it's not an automatic process and someone has to hit the "publish" button somewhere. If that person forgets or it's busy... well... a couple of days could pass.

8. Antypodish

Antypodish

Or maybe, they got schedule date for publishing and just have earlier version ready on the forum.

9. mgear

mgear

one thread earlier said it was some caching issue.. seems like its still happening.

(can also check unity hub sources, it seems like there is some server/service in the middle that contains releases?
    it doesn't fetch from the direct upload source.. well this is just a guess partly)

10. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi all,

Sorry again for this. I might sound like a broken record but we still seem to be having issues with our release mechanism. If you wish to install the latest alpha from the Hub please follow this link:

unityhub://2020.1.0a9/3ca10380fd3b/

Best,

Deleted User likes this.
  11. Deleted User

Deleted User

It's in the Hub now. :)

12. mgear

mgear

that url link sounds quite useful (to quickly jump into installer),
    would it be later possible to install versions without knowing that changeset(?) code?

13. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

@mgear We are also working on that. You can expect to download any version after 5.6 from the Hub without knowing the changeset in the near future. Sorry again for the release snafu.

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.