Search Unity

[UPDATE] VR Shooter Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Unity3DNinja, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

***Previously named as VRLAB (old thread)
    *** IMPORTANT
    please read the Installation Guide pdf, included in the asset

Hi i am James Roman, i currently work in a small company as senior VR developer using Oculus.

And i have some time already working on VR Shooter Kit.

What is VR Shooter Kit?

VR Shooter Kit is a complete project for VR interactions, it has a lot of premade weapons like shotguns, UZI, revolver, bow ,Rocket Launcher, ect, and diferent reload modes, you can use gestures to reload like in dead and buried, or maybe change the magazine when it becomes empty or just have infinite ammo. It has lever, buttons, complete damage system, complete VR interaction System, etc. It is mainly a collection of components and system ready to customize.

- Weapons -

As I have already mentioned, I have worked a lot in a complete weapon system, several weapons already included (Shotguns, Revolver, Automatic Weapons, Rocket Launcher), you can take the existing weapons as a base to create your own, or create new weapons from 0.

- Weapons/Reload System -

The reload system has a complete set of reload modes, you can use RealisticMode and change the weapon magazine when it becomes empty, Physics in order to reload using gestures you can reload the revolver making a quick turn with the hand, UI you can made it easy for players and let weapons to reload automatic,use the InfiniteBullets mode and dont worry about reloading your weapons,

- Complete VR Interaction System -

It also has a complete interaction system, very extensible, you can take objects, interact with objects, move levers, buttons etc, create different interaction animations for each object, and different behaviors even for each hand.

- Bow and Arrow -

It has a realistic bow with which you can throw arrows, you can take an arrow from your back or simply take one that you have already launched, these are attached to other objects in a quite realistic way.

- Buttons and Levers -

buttons and levers that respond correctly to physics, from the distance you can activate a lever with a shot or simply by throwing something, or just using your hands.

- AI -

It contains some really nice examples, a FSM implementation that you can expand to create your own behaviours.

- VR Character Controller and Teleport System -

You have different ways of moving in VR Shooter Kit, the most common perhaps moving around with the joystick or using a teleport system very similar to roborecall.

All this well organized in prefabs ready to be drop in the scene, with lots of modification through the inspector, I have also strived to create a readable and pleasant code, so if you want to simply enter and look how everything is done, and made your own modifications through code, it should not be very difficult for someone who already has experience with Unity.

- Future Updates -

- Add new weapons (Including a rocket launcher) (Done)
    - Inventory system, so you can carry several objects.
    - Realistic Pistol
    - Realistic Two Handed M4
    - New weapon features
    - I had to say that i am a robo recall fan, so i am planning to add mechanics from this game, like grabbing and throwing bullets to the enemies (that will be very cool!)
    - Later maybe just listen to the comunity and keep getting better.

You can get it here

If you want to contact me just write me to james@unity3dninja.com , or join to our discord server https://discord.gg/GTzPhvp

So finally i will leave some small videos showing some features from VR Shooter Kit

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    Mark_01 and ImpossibleRobert like this.
  2. J0linar

J0linar

Hey James, congratz on the great update.
    Had previously no time to test it out, by the looks of it "You Nailed it!"

Unity3DNinja likes this.
  3. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

Thanks ;)

4. Bolax

Bolax

And I bought it today. Here's hoping I can master it better than VRTK :)

5. J0linar

J0linar

It is nothing like VRTK,
    simply because it is actual plug and play, alot is self explanatory
    and what is not can be read in the docs.

So far it is the most Complete System to create a VR Game and the upcoming Inventory will just add that little thing one needs to actually create a game with it.

Unity3DNinja likes this.
  6. tucaz85710

tucaz85710

I just updated this and it works great with the quest!! Quick question - I wanted to make a paintball game and need the bullets to arc like the arrow. Is there an ammunition setting for that or does it only work that way with the arrow? Thanks.
    FYI - I would pay someone to set up a simple multi-player template using VR Shooter and pun...

7. pccross

pccross

Was looking at possibly purchasing this asset. I noticed in description it says it requires Oculus Integration or SteamVR.
    As I understand it, recent versions of Oculus Integration now provide ability to target Steam store using Oculus SDK (i.e.- true cross-platform SDK compatibility).
    https://uploadvr.com/oculus-port-rift-games-vive/

Has anyone done that using this asset?

8. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

Hi, sure just import the attached .unitypackage over your current VR Shooter Kit, and you are ready, in the Oculus sample scene, you have a UZI just in from of you, test it and you will see the bullets having gravity.

This enable 2 new fields in VR_Weapon, Bullet Gravity and Bullet Gravity Acceleration, just play with those fields to have you desired behavior.

I just answer you on the Discord channel, but i will answer here to just in case someone else has the same question.

VR Shooter Kit, use the latest Oculus Integration form the assetstore so you should be ok for testing and publish for Steam, and you can even build using the SteamVR plugin, but this feature still as a WIP.

Attached Files:

Mark_01 likes this.
  9. tucaz85710

tucaz85710

You are awesome. That adds a lot of realism for other projectiles - Paintball, grenade launcher, etc. I hope you incorporate this in your current or next release. Thank you!

Unity3DNinja likes this.
  10. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

Yes actually it looks very nice, i will include it on the next released. ;)

11. tucaz85710

tucaz85710

I am serious about the multi-player template for Oculus, Unity and PUN. There is NOTHING out there for VR. No current tutorials or projects in the asset store, Youtube, Udemy, etc. If there is, I would appreciate a point in the right direction. I am not talking about Oculus Avatars that depend on their servers, Ids, etc. Just a plain, multiplayer system. If you included a muliplayer version of your system, I would buy it and I bet others would too. I want to just design a level, torso and head skins (easy, no legs), plugin my PUN ID and run it. Sorry if I ramble, but I have been looking for something for a long time.

12. Wizard68

Wizard68

I too would very much like a way to do multiplayer with VR (Oculus quest) and would pay to have it.

13. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

Hi guys,ok i will do my best, but first i want to include some new weapons, fix some bugs, get some better enemies, and have something more stable before going into multiplayer nightmares.

it won't be soon but I'll work on it ;)

StevenPicard and tucaz85710 like this.
  14. MattyZuZu

MattyZuZu

This is a great asset. I've got it working with a WMR headset and it detected the thumbsticks automatically. I had a heap of fun just killing the robots in the demo scene. I do have a few questions, though. Is it possible to climb things such as ladders, etc? Can the grip button be toggled (i.e. once to grab, then again to release)? I find it tiring to have to hold the grip button in the entire time. I do feel the documentation could be expanded on.

15. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

Nice!

For climbing i will be working on it on the upcoming updates, and for the toggle here is, just impor this over your current VRShooterKit project and you are ready, now there is a bool called toggleGrab in VR_Grabbable inspector check it and you can use that feature, i tested it and you are right it feels better, all my friends how tested this always drop the weapons and take me some time to explain that you should always press the button, so this is nice, definitely coming as part of the new version.

Attached Files:

16. MattyZuZu

MattyZuZu

Wow! Thanks so much for the quick update. It works perfectly.

17. huemorgan

huemorgan

plase help!
    i get this error on mac

UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: Error building Player because scripts have compile errors in the editor
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x00242] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:194
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (Boolean askForBuildLocation, BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x0007f] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:97
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)[/QUOTE]

18. MattyZuZu

MattyZuZu

This could be completely unrelated but I had some trouble when I first started due to using the wrong the .Net framework. Have you got Unity set to use .Net 4x? (File > Build Settings > Player Settings > Other settings > API Compatibility Level)

19. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the late reply, are you still facing this error? can you let me know what Unity version are you using and your target platform PC/Android.

20. EstudioVR

EstudioVR

It is not running on my Quest. Just a blank (black) screen. Unity 2019.2. Just follow the installation guide. Compile and Run. APK is started, with a blank screen.

21. website_unity

website_unity

Hello, despite following the instructions carefully, the hands don't move in the SteamVR version, any suggestions? I would love to get this working I have Oculus Rift S

22. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

Hi,

Sometimes when you change the target build to android, you vr sdks get delete from the player settings, please be sure to have Virtual Reality Support enable and add Oculus to the virtual reality SDKs.

Let me know how it works.

23. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

Hi,

Did you enable SteamVR support? can you please upload the mcs.rsp file what you have inside the Assets folder?, and if you can to please join to discord it is better for giving support.

24. EstudioVR

EstudioVR

Works like a charm. Thanks a lot.

Unity3DNinja likes this.
  25. axoi84

axoi84

Hi Ninja,

great job. Works on my Ocolus Quest. I am going to ask how I can simulate touch controller input in Unity Editor.

I see for headset there is heasetsimulator, but In this way I can just move inside the scene inside the editor, and deploying each time on device is really time consuming.

I am not a full time developer, maybe am I missing something ?

Thanks

26. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

Sadly i don't know any way in what you can do that, but yes Oculus Quest development is a little hell right now, but for sure Unity or Oculus will find a way soon, what i do for now is just develop using my Oculus Rift, and sometimes get a Oculus Quest build just to be sure everything is working as it should.

27. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

I have just imported VRShooterKit and followed the installation pdf etc, however I am receiving the follow error in the console?

Assets/VRShooterKit/Scripts/VR/VR_CharacterController.cs(230,32): error CS0117: `OVRManager' does not contain a definition for `OVRManagerinitialized'

Any ideas? Using Unity 2018.4.0f1, my build target is Android, and I have Oculus Android 1.38.3 installed via the Package Manager.

28. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

Hi,

Did you import Oculus from the assetstore right?

29. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

I added the Oculus package via the Package Manager in Unity, if I try and add the Oculus Integration package via the Asset Store it says there is nothing to import?

30. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

Can please try in new project using Oculus form the assetstore? i can see that the assetstore version is 1.41, let me know what happens

31. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

OK, trying now...

32. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

All sorted now, it was a Unity problem with corrupt packages unrelated to your asset.

The way I fixed the problem was going to %appdata% > Roaming > Unity > Asset Store-5x > (Name of Author) and deleting the folder with the assets, and redownloading the Oculus Integration package.

Unity3DNinja likes this.
  33. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

Nice,

Thanks for posting the fix

Greg-Bassett likes this.
  34. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

:)
    Your welcome!

Managed to get the Demo scene onto my Quest and had some fun with your excellent asset throwing grenades and shooting rocket launchers!!! :)

Unity3DNinja likes this.
  35. rughur

rughur

Hello,

I bought and installed your asset.
    I followed your recommendations and then built an APK for my Oculus Go. However, none of the buttons on my controller work.
    I have the weapons highlighted and the radius when I point them.
    I can move my head.
    I can rotate my hand.
    But I can't move or use a button on the controller.
    Are the controller buttons mapped?
    How to remap them?

Thanks in advance.

36. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

Hi already answer you on Discord, we will be working on this ;)

StevenPicard likes this.
  37. IceLab_Game

IceLab_Game

Hi ninja
    I also tested the project on oculus go, but I can't move with the controller, could you help me?
    thanks

edit. on oculus go, only with teleport i can move? right?
    for grab I change button to set back button?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  38. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

Hi please drop me an email to james@unity3dninja , or join our discord channel and lets see what happens

39. MachoBrizzin

MachoBrizzin

Hey! Just purchased this asset and am trying to connect it to my WMR Samsung Odyssey+ with Steam VR, but the hands don't follow the controllers. In fact, they don't move at all. Just stuck there on the floor. I followed the instructions to install for Steam VR. Any ideas?

40. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

Hi,
    In VR Shooter Kit when you are using WMR and SteamVR you need to create your bindings, first follow all the steps from the SteamVR installation guide, and then go to the SteamVR Input Binding UI, and just assing the bindings as you want, like the grab and shoot button, just follow this video and you are done, in the video i am setting the bindings for a Oculus Touch controllers, but is the same process for a WMR controller.

Please let me know if that works for you.

41. FabDynamic

FabDynamic

It worked for me! Samsung Odyssey.

Unity3DNinja likes this.
  42. the_cerberus

the_cerberus

Hello,
    the VR Shooter kit is great. But i dont understand how to create my own enemie.

can you do a tutorial for it? Maybe with a free asset from the store? That would be great.

43. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

any video for the 1.33 update? New AI?! Whats different?

44. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

Hi guys sorry as soon as i get some free time i will record some videos, and about the new update, there are mostly bug fix, an "inventory" system where you can drop several objects of the same type, so you can carry 100 ammo on the same slot, and the new AI mostly enable to attack you so now you can die.

I hope to get some free time this weekend for record those videos, but if you want some help now maybe you can join our discord people there is very helpful ;)

Edit:

Small video showing the Dropzones update for this version

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  45. Hormic

Hormic

I wasn't sure if i should buy it, with my Samsung O+, cause it states SteamVR Beta, but your Statment makes me confident, Thank you! I'm curious now.

46. eagleeyez

eagleeyez

I just bought this package last night and got it up and running straight away using the Oculus Quest connected directly to my PC using the new Oculus Link functionality.

That means you do not need to build an APK, just press play in the Unity editor and put on your Quest and play the game even with controllers. And yes all that data is going just over the USB 3 port of your computer or USB-c graphic card. I use the absolute minimum required card the GTX970 and I connect the Quest to my on board USB 3 and it all runs fine.

The cable that comes with the Quest will not work, you will need a special cable for this.

You can even play all your games streaming from pc to quest now like steam and others

So it is now like also having a Rift-s but you get the best of both worlds now that Quest is a hybrid headset.

Read this forum towards the bottom_: https://forum.unity.com/threads/oculus-quest-vr-in-editor.684811/page-2#post-5230616

This video

Hope I could help

47. eagleeyez

eagleeyez

Question:

I see in the demo scene pockets.

I cannot find anything in your docs about pockets.

How does this work and how to use it?

48. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

Hi the pockets are just dropzones that move around your body, you can read about the dropzones in the docs, if you need more help you can drop your questions in our discord channel ;) https://discord.gg/GTzPhvp

combatsheep likes this.
  49. tucaz85710

tucaz85710

So I am working on a multiplayer game but ran into a problem early on. I created a scene, dropped in the VR_Manager, and Player_LocomotionSetup and it woks great on the Oculus. When I put a weapon in the scene and highlight the weapon to grab it, everything turns gray a glitches out so I only see the green weapon highlight until I grab the weapon. Does the same thing for a moment when I drop it. Is there anything I can do or is it something I forgot to do? Thanks.

50. tucaz85710

tucaz85710

OK. So I had "Use Recommended MSAA Level" checked on the OVR Camera rig because the scene looks like crap without it. With it I get the weapon glitch. Is there any way I can have both?

UPDATE: I removed the VR Outline scripts and everything is great.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019