Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

UnitySetup 2018.4 - where to get it?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by gjaskiewicz, Dec 18, 2019.

1. gjaskiewicz

gjaskiewicz

Hi,

I'm looking for Unity 2018.4.x editor for Linux. Is there any link I could download it? I need UnitySetup executable.
    I was looking at releases and announcements thread and I can only find 2018.3.x and 2019.1.x versions.

Please don't point me to Unity Hub - I need to install Unity on Docker container for running tests, I would like to omit the step where I have to configure some access to X11 just to select version.

2. ChanceNCounter

ChanceNCounter

Let me know if you're successful. I was unable to get it working when I tried, but that was quite a while ago. That said, last I checked, you won't be able to activate a license from the command line, so afaik you'll still need brief X11 access. Somebody might correct me if I'm wrong, but that was the case when last I tried to use Docker for testing. On the other hand, it was something about Jenkins that wouldn't cooperate once I *had* the editor activated.

3. gjaskiewicz

gjaskiewicz

I have 2018.1 running on Jenkins in Docker :)
    Hardest part was to figure out permission issues - Jenkins runs as jenkins. Most non-obvious thing was setting HOME variable when starting Unity, so that jenkins reads license from the correct directory. Also, you need to set up proper file ownership.
    All my Jenkins invocations I start with:
    export HOME=/home/jenkins

To do license activation I used instructions from: https://github.com/GabLeRoux/unity3d-ci-example (b. Locally)
    Luckily it didn't require me to run X11.