Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

UnityEngine.TestRunner/AssemblyInfo.cs could not be found.

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by ReynV, Jan 17, 2020.

1. ReynV

ReynV

Hi,

-----CompilerOutput:-stdout--exitcode: 1--compilationhadfailure: True--outfile: Temp/UnityEngine.TestRunner.dll
    Microsoft (R) Visual C# Compiler version 2.9.1.65535 (9d34608e)
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

error CS2001: Source file '/Werk2019/Game stuff/Github/Bubble/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.test-framework@1.1.1/UnityEngine.TestRunner/AssemblyInfo.cs' could not be found.
    error CS2001: Source file '/Werk2019/Game stuff/Github/Bubble/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.test-framework@1.1.1/UnityEngine.TestRunner/NUnitExtensions/Commands/EnumerableApplyChangesToContextCommand.cs' could not be found.

I've been trying to get my project to open on a colleague's mac for the last week.
    The project opens fine on my mac and pc.

Here is the full editor log: https://pastebin.pl/view/57230b2a

The files that "could not be found" are all there.

We've tried updating the Test Runner Package. to 1.1.9
    We've tried deleting his manifest and restarting
    We've tried deleting the library directory and restarting
    We've tried tried copying my entire project directory with its library directory

We have the exact same version of Unity installed.

Please help !
    Thanks

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  2. AskCarol

AskCarol

Hey @ReynV ! Sorry you are experiencing issues. I'll forward this to the team, thanks for including your logs :)

3. ReynV

ReynV

Hi,
    We eventually moved the project into a different folder which made the error go away. It might have been the path length, some permission issue or something else entirely. Either way some sort of understandable message would have saved a lot of time. Thanks!

AskCarol likes this.
  4. DanielFF

DanielFF

Hi @AskCarol ,
    Any news about that problem ?
    Thank you

5. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Hey there - have you tried the resolution posted above regarding moving folders?

6. DanielFF

DanielFF

It seems that moving to another folder everything works. In my case I believe that the problem was some special character in the folder name.

Thank you!