Search Unity

Question Unity Test Framework is giving me 440 errors

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by JustOnesAndZeros, May 14, 2020.

1. JustOnesAndZeros

JustOnesAndZeros

Whenever I open a new project 445 errors appear in my console that look like this:
    Library\PackageCache\com.unity.test-framework@1.1.14\UnityEngine.TestRunner\xxx\xxx\xxx.cs(xx,xx): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'xxx' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I have tried: Reinstalling Unity, using older versions of Unity, using the alpha and beta versions of Unity, reinstalling the test framework package and using both versions 1.1.13 and 1.1.14 of the test framework package. But nothing has worked so far.

I contacted unity support and they said that it might be because I am in 'game' mode instead of editor mode mode but I don't know how to switch to editor mode, assuming that is what the problem is.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  2. Razeoryuno

Razeoryuno

Got this problem too. Try re-install many time but not working.

When I remove the package folder in Library\PackageCache the error is gone. But that folder re-generate itself soon.

And when i change anything in Package manager. i get a warning like
    Couldn't delete Packages/com.unity.ext.nunit/net35/unity-custom/nunit.framework.dll.meta because it's in an immutable folder.

I think it a problem with my PC. But I don't know how to solve this.

3. JustOnesAndZeros

JustOnesAndZeros

I managed to fix it by uninstalling unity, deleting the appdata and program files for unity and then reinstalling it

Dim_Bilipisis, SH0N0 and Razeoryuno like this.
  4. Razeoryuno

Razeoryuno

Work like a charm. Thank you.

5. sooryabalki10

sooryabalki10

Guys someone please help me solving this error. I tried even to install the unity again. But same error pops up!!!. I created many projects and every dishearting to see those 448 unsolved errors. PLEASE HELP ME.
    After reimporting assests. It shows 500+ errors.!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

6. sooryabalki10

sooryabalki10

Can you elobrate on that?

7. KickPackStudios

KickPackStudios

did you deleted the unity hub folders too

8. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Extra unwanted packages in new projects (collab, testing, rider and other junk):

https://forum.unity.com/threads/temp-unityengine-testrunner-dll-error.1133938/#post-7287748

About the fastest way I have found to make a project and avoid all this noise is to create the project, then as soon as you see the files appear, FORCE-STOP (hard-kill) Unity (with the Activity Manager or Task Manager), then go hand-edit the Packages/manifest.json file as outlined in the above post, then reopen Unity.

Sometimes the package system gets borked from all this unnecessary churn and requires the package cache to be cleared:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53145919/unity3d-package-cache-errors/69779122