Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Technologies :: Who owns it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MythStrott, Dec 26, 2010.

1. MythStrott

MythStrott

I'm wondering who owns Unity Technologies. Is it the founder(s), private investors, employees, or somebody else? I know they aren't a publicly traded stock (though I would invest for sure!)

Just curious

2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Unity Technologies owns Unity Technologies.

--Eric

3. ColossalDuck

ColossalDuck

I am pretty sure the three people who made Unity in the first place, own Unity Technologies.

4. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

They've had some pretty hefty investors over the past year or so, so I'm not sure how much of the company the original founders actually own any more. A look at UT's board of directors will give you some indication though: http://unity3d.com/company/people/board

5. MythStrott

MythStrott

6. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

Unity is primarily a founder owned company. This is very important for us who founded Unity.

We have an investor called Sequoia, who are actually pretty good people to have around and help us grow.
    But most importantly, the original founders David, Nicholas and me still own far more than the majority of the company. Additionally several of our employees own a good amount of shares in the company.

7. MythStrott

MythStrott

Awesome!

Thanks for replying personally. Did not see that coming =D