Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Libre Fracture - free and open source fracture system for Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by dima13230_unity, Feb 26, 2021.

1. dima13230_unity

dima13230_unity

Unity Libre Fracture
    Unity Libre Fracture is an easy-to-use free and open-source fracture system that uses NVIDIA Blast and VHACD (Volumetric Hierarchical Approximate Convex Decomposition) as its core components.

It was created and released to give people a production-ready tool for objects fracture for free, so anyone can make realistic, dynamic, and interactive worlds with minimum effort and with zero budget.

It is still under development, but already ready to use in projects. Its source code and packages are available in GitLab: https://gitlab.com/dima13230/unity-libre-fracture

Hope it helps in the creation of your stunning game worlds!

valarnur, laurentlavigne and Mark_01 like this.
  2. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

I'd like to use that to split a large landscape mesh for culling.
    You probably know the code inside out, how would I turn off the generation of side mesh?

3. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

I'm trying to use it now.. had to adjust.. "allow unsafe code" (in player settings)... Probuilder namespace errors....
    (delete a line of code).. trying to get it to work.. uses a inside material.. it is taking ages to work.. hoping for this asset to help me solve my problems.

4. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

Here we go, if anyone can point me to a solution. Using this asset, or some other one. I was gonna get DinoFracture but it's $40 bucks. This one is "almost there"

Attached Files:

5. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

getting "a game object can only be in one layer" what?

6. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

What all the settings are for isn't explained. VHACD for instance.. if I play with them too much.. it won't complete making the fracture.. at about 15min I gave up. Chunks distance. That setting seems to do nothing. It will be a great asset, if I can only learn to use it. Thanks for making it!

Attached Files:

elbriel likes this.
  7. dima13230

dima13230

Do you mean how to make it just splitting the mesh without adding all fracture physics?
    If so, then I'd expand the code allowing for "raw mesh generation"

bugscuffle likes this.
  8. dima13230

dima13230

I am sorry that you had some problems using and getting it to work, I will review the interface again to see what I can improve for it to be more comfortable and intuitive, as well as I will review the readme. Thank you for detailed feedback!

bugscuffle likes this.
  9. katanant

katanant

sorry ... I downloaded it but I can not import it into unity, how can I do?