Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity is loading DLL's inside folders starting with '.'

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Unarmed1000, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Unarmed1000

Unarmed1000

Wasn't Unity supposed to be ignoring content inside . folders

From the log:

Non platform assembly:
    Project\Assets\Scripts\somedir\.mb\Graphics\Fonts\MB.Base.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading Project\Assets\Scripts\somedir\.mb\Graphics\Fonts\MB.Base.dll into Unity Child Domain

This only happens under Unity5

2. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

Was that the case in 4.6 ? Honestly I haven't heard about such rule, I might be wrong.

3. Unarmed1000

Unarmed1000

Yes it was the case in all versions I tried from 3+ until 5.
    I think I found the information here originally:

http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/288864/isnt-there-a-do-not-compile-folder.html

For people that pull in 'packages' via git or svn this could be a real show stopper.

While my seven games do pull in packages via a special unity branch of each package its still annoying having to delete useful things like custom unit test and tools just because unity all of a sudden decided to ignore previous behavior.

Also I have no control of what the '.git' folder contains for each of the packages that the games rely on.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  4. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

Could you please submit a bug with simple repro?

Thank you

5. Unarmed1000

Unarmed1000

I submitted a bug earlier
    http://fogbugz.unity3d.com/default.asp?684353_tgjtk7ggg4kitvjn

I dont think I can add to it.
    I verified the error with the V5 release and 5.0.0.p3

The repo is simple:

Given a Unity3D project directory named "project"

put a C# dll inside a path like this
    project\Assets\Scripts\somedir\.mb\Graphics\MB.Base.dll

The DLL should not be picked up by Unity but it is (if you want to confirm this easily make sure the C# dll pulls in WPF or something that unavailable under Unity).

Since I was testing on my buildbot vm I ran unity with the following parameters

-projectPath "$WORKSPACE\Project" -quit -nographics -batchmode -buildTarget android -logFile "$WORKSPACE\unity3d_editor.log

I rolled back my VM to the old version once it was confirmed that V5 wasn't compatible with my projects.