Search Unity

Unity Hub doesn't work with "Run this program in administrator mode"

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by lasercannon, Apr 13, 2018.

1. lasercannon

lasercannon

Hi there!

On Windows 10, Unity Hub starts up as an empty window if I have "Run this program as an administrator" checked in the .exe properties. Strangely, it works when I right-click->Run As Administrator.

My other problem right now is that I can't open up any Unity versions from Unity Hub that have "Run this program as an administrator" checked, even when I right-click->run as administrator for Unity Hub. I need to run Unity in administrator mode in order to make certain console builds.

Not a huge deal since I can open the needed version myself, but I would love to see this fixed!

ledbetterman and GibTreaty like this.
  2. MeessenPhilips

MeessenPhilips

This problem still persists. Unity needs to run as Admin else it cannot load Visual Studio, the Hub needs Admin else it cannot open Unity, but the Hub renders an empty window when run as Admin via the compatibility checkbox.
    Going back to opening Unity directly circumvents this.

3. tylerw-savatronix

tylerw-savatronix

Still an issue. Surprised this hasn't been fixed given how often people need to run VS as administrator.

4. srb302

srb302

This is a pretty bad bug. I'm trying to update sdks but unity needs admin access to do so.

haendelee likes this.
  5. Bmandk

Bmandk

Still happening as of Unity Editor 2019.1.0f1 and UnityHub 1.6.1

haendelee likes this.
  6. Xanderxavier

Xanderxavier

It runs now but it never launched the editor in admin mode

yeah cant install an extension(next gen soft shadows) because of this, instant fix needed, if you launch the exe it just launches the hub exe in admin mode which in turn launches the client in normal mode, never receiving admin rights.

Last edited: May 1, 2019
    haendelee likes this.
  7. JPUlisses

JPUlisses

Many issues happen because Unity is not running on admin mode. Unity Hub must be on admin mode to run Unity in admin mode.

Issue starts that Unity Hub does not start on Admin mode.

Still not fixed with lastest version to this day.

bac9-flcl and haendelee like this.
  8. razzraziel

razzraziel

2019.1.3 and UnityHub 2.0 but still happens... cant run as administrator.

9. FireIce987

FireIce987

I've seen no reply here nor in other similar threads. This is a major problem...and the lack of fixes--or even a status update--is infuriating.

10. HexGuy

HexGuy

I believe that not being able to run the editor (2019.1.9f1) as administrator is what's causing a file copy failure for an exe file when I try to import the Firebase.Auth (6.2.0) asset package. If I check "Run this program as administrator" in the compatibility settings for my editor executable, the hub fails to launch the editor.

11. pccross

pccross

Also, I'm trying to import a Cinema 4d file into Unity, however, Unity needs to automatically import a Cinema 4D plug-in the first time it's run. I consistently get 'Cinema 4D Converter plugin installation failed. Please run Unity as an Administrator to have the plugin installed'. And yet, there is no way for me to run Unity as admin :(

12. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Hello ! I will ask the team to look into this... It may be a bug, thank you for your feedback :)

13. Unitybyte

Unitybyte

Unity Technologies

It sounds like a bug. Please report this in the Unity Hub and give as many details as possible!

14. ivangarciafilho

ivangarciafilho

a lot of things went REALLY WRONG!!!
    1st Hub will not open any editor launcher with administrator access;
    2cnd All the Unity Editors .exe files immediately hook and Launch Unity HUB;
    3rd Even removing completely the HUB from my computer, they BOUND your accesss to asetstore and editor license to UNITYHUB!!!
    4th most of the assets that try to replace many of the files on the editor intall folder fail due to the lack of administrator power like NGSS and Stylized soft shadows and many other i purchased on the Assetstore!