Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We've opened up a space to discuss, share feedback, and showcase everything related to the Unity Shader Graph! Come show us what you've made.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Hub doesn't work with "Run this program in administrator mode"

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by lasercannon, Apr 13, 2018.

1. lasercannon

lasercannon

Hi there!

On Windows 10, Unity Hub starts up as an empty window if I have "Run this program as an administrator" checked in the .exe properties. Strangely, it works when I right-click->Run As Administrator.

My other problem right now is that I can't open up any Unity versions from Unity Hub that have "Run this program as an administrator" checked, even when I right-click->run as administrator for Unity Hub. I need to run Unity in administrator mode in order to make certain console builds.

Not a huge deal since I can open the needed version myself, but I would love to see this fixed!

ledbetterman and GibTreaty like this.
  2. MeessenPhilips

MeessenPhilips

This problem still persists. Unity needs to run as Admin else it cannot load Visual Studio, the Hub needs Admin else it cannot open Unity, but the Hub renders an empty window when run as Admin via the compatibility checkbox.
    Going back to opening Unity directly circumvents this.

3. tylerw-savatronix

tylerw-savatronix

Still an issue. Surprised this hasn't been fixed given how often people need to run VS as administrator.

4. srb302

srb302

This is a pretty bad bug. I'm trying to update sdks but unity needs admin access to do so.