Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity games don't support native resolution in Linux. Possible 59hz issue?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Fragmental, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Fragmental

Fragmental

I have a computer running Linux, plugged into a tv with a resolution of 1360x768.

I have various unity games installed and none of them seem to offer 1360x768 as a possible resolution. I do have 1280x768 and 1280x720 resolutions available, but I believe those resolutions cause some distortion of the image.

Games include Jumpjet Rex, Upside Down, The Final Station, Broforce, Spinrush, and The First Tree.

What I think is happening is that 1360x768 runs at a slightly lower Hz (something like 59.4), which makes the computer see that as 59hz, and the Unity games are only showing support for 60hz resolutions.

On windows those same games have the 1360x768 resolution available.

I realize this is more of a customer oriented problem (or possibly a Linux issue?) as opposed to a developer problem, but this seems to be a universal issue with the Unity Engine, and not a specific game. I had no idea where else to post about this issue.

Edit: I should also mention that many other games run fine at 1360x768

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019