Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity AssetStore frauds. (No assets, no money back, not even a reply)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by malithgimhanawithanage, Jul 3, 2020.

1. malithgimhanawithanage

malithgimhanawithanage

I purchased an asset bundle from unity assetStore 5 days ago.When I purchased it gave me an error and it said copy the error code and contact customer services. And they charged my card 29.99$. So I did open a ticket in unity customer service. Didn't receive a message for 4 days and suddenly today they tagged the ticket as solved. I didn't get my assets or money back. They didn't even replied the ticket. I have bought assets from unity asset store before. Never happened something like this, I can't believe they did something like this. How can I buy something again from them with confident?
    Screenshot_1.png

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    DungDajHjep likes this.
  2. Ryiah

Ryiah

You haven't said if you checked to see if the asset was added to your account after the ticket was closed.

mstarr likes this.
  3. malithgimhanawithanage

malithgimhanawithanage

Yes I checked. I checked even now. Bundle had lots of assets. Not even a single of em is added. That's why i said no assets, no money back & not even a reply. Ticket closed 6 hours ago. still nothing.

4. TonyLi

TonyLi

The Asset Store has a new bundle feature. If this is the kind of bundle you're talking about, then when you buy the bundle your account will have a very small asset that you can import into your project. In your project, you will find a file, probably a text file, with voucher codes that you can enter on the Asset Store to add the bundle's actual products to your account. Once you've done that, then you can import the products into your projects.

Since this is a new feature, this is the way it works right now. In the future, Unity may make it so that when you buy the bundle it automatically adds the bundle's products to your account. But it just doesn't work that way right now.

Ryiah likes this.
  5. malithgimhanawithanage

malithgimhanawithanage

@TonyLi Thanks for pointing that out. But still there are no any new packages added to my assets. Even I tried to find in unity editor. Nothing is added. Now I have a feeling it's not gonna happen anymore because almost a week gone. Anyway it's a shame unity did that.

6. - your images don't show up in your post
    - Unity doesn't do fraud. If it is a problem on their side and not your mistake, then please write them again. People make mistakes, especially in times like this, when they are isolated and the communication between people is more problematic. It is easy to close a case mistakenly sometimes. Now, obviously it would have been better if it didn't happen, but still, you can accuse Unity with many things, fraud isn't one of them.

DauntlessVerbosity likes this.
  7. kdgalla

kdgalla

Did you check your junk/spam folder in your email? They may have tried to email the voucher codes to you. Just a guess, though.

8. malithgimhanawithanage

malithgimhanawithanage

-Sorry about images. I re uploaded the image.
    -I can understand your point. My issue is they didn't even reply me, I have no idea what happened. They could tell me what happened rather than just closing the ticket. That's why i said it's a shame. I believe you they are legit and can be a mistake, still I felt like they don't care.

9. malithgimhanawithanage

malithgimhanawithanage

Thank you for pointing that out. I checked all mails spams/junks. But didn't find a anything.

10. TonyLi

TonyLi

What's the page for the bundle?

Remember that you're buying the asset through the Asset Store, but you're buying it from the publisher. If you have any questions about how to download your assets, you must contact the publisher, not Unity.

11. malithgimhanawithanage

malithgimhanawithanage

Bundle is not open anymore. It was a 10 days sale. I bought the bundle 2 days before the sale end. I can not find any pages related to the bundle anymore. Bundle had 3 levels 10$, 20$, 30$ I'm not 100% sure about prices. I bought 30$ one. Bundle name was "Fantastic Fantasy Mega Bundle" Had like 20 assets from different developers. I don't have a single of them in my assets. There is nothing to download.

This is the unity blog page about that bundle https://blogs.unity3d.com/2020/06/16/fulfill-your-destiny-with-the-fantastic-fantasy-mega-bundle/

12. TonyLi

TonyLi

That's a different thing from the new bundles that individual publishers can offer. That was a special bundle curated by Unity. Email assetstore@unity3d.com for help.

13. malithgimhanawithanage

malithgimhanawithanage

Thank you. I sent a email to them. And they opened another ticket for me. Now I have 2 open tickets. This was there reply.

Screenshot_2.png

I will update this post if I get a reply.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    DungDajHjep likes this.