Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Official Unity 6 New Naming Convention

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by TreyK-47, Mar 14, 2024.

1. Mirkle

Mirkle

I am a bit confused with the versions. Is the "Preview" coming very soon (April/May) and it's the end of the beta?

2. MiTschMR

MiTschMR

From my understanding, yes, that's correct. The preview is the new "tech stream", which will ultimately lead to the LTS version (final Unity 6).

Mirkle likes this.
  3. gabox0242_unity

gabox0242_unity

It can now be done in Unity 6 Preview

4. luispedrofonseca

luispedrofonseca

Am I the only one who thinks Preview means Alpha and should be coming before the Beta?

WolveX likes this.
  5. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Words don’t have meaning any more, it’s fine.

6. bugfinders

bugfinders

No, but this is what they said they'd call it when it first came out but wasnt lts yet, so, they could have called it biscuit for all i care..

7. zafery

zafery

When will unity 6(preview, tech stream whatever you call) be "Recommended version"?

8. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

When it's no longer preview later (end-ish?) this year.

9. MiTschMR

MiTschMR

10. LooperVFX

LooperVFX

Off-topic, but let me know if there is an existing thread about this (i tried to find one) or if you make a new thread about this feature request let me know and I'll help garner support for it!

11. bugfinders

bugfinders

Tbh Im tired of fighting the bugs, the person who took my JRA could recreate it. I also clearly submitted it on a windows machine
    upload_2024-6-12_23-31-35.png

So the fact some dude cant recreate it on a mac, is not my care. I reported the issue on windows, where someone at the unity end clearly also reproduced it or they wouldnt have submitted it.

So for this reason alone, stuff them all Im tired of fighting against bugs somehow as always must be our fault, cant possibly be them. If you wish to take the flag, I will be happy to add a +1 but Im done with fighting

Attached Files:

12. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

Despite me having nothing to do with the Unity Hub, I checked for you and saw that the resolution here is that third party templates are not officially supported by the hub. The fact that the CQA tested on a Mac is irrelevant to the case being closed. It stated it was reproducible and you should instead submit a feature request. Unity Hub FR are like a voting system for features. :) I guess it's related to how it caches them or something, not sure. Would be nice to officially support them; I use them too.

https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...-or-only-recognized-when-the-hub-is-restarted

Note though that this subject is off-topic for this thread and best posted here: https://forum.unity.com/forums/unity-hub.142/

Thanks.

DragonCoder, LooperVFX and bugfinders like this.
  13. bugfinders

bugfinders

last comment then, i only noticed when posting it they had closed it, the JRA is still open and so i hadnt actually been notified. Im sure when templates came in they had said that was half the point so we could make our own.... but gave up trying to find it