Search Unity

Unity 5.4 NetworkManager source code?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by -chris, Mar 30, 2016.

1. -chris

-chris

Hello Unity,

Unity's NetworkManager source code for 5.3 has been very helpful; thanks for sharing it.

However, as I'm developing my networking code using 5.4b11 at the moment, there's no 5.4 source code branch that I can see, and I've noticed that certain classes and methods have changed a bit.

Due to this change, I no longer know what the overridable methods look like, which is a bit of a worry. For example, I don't know what 5.4's OnMatchJoined source looks like anymore (not to mention its parameters have changed from 5.3's OnMatchJoined), and I'm sort of fudging my way through blindly.

Could you please make 5.4's networking source code be available?

2. Iron-Warrior

Iron-Warrior

Have you tried using something like ILSpy to decompile it? That's what I did with the Networking dll before they released the source to debug some issues I encountered.

-chris likes this.
  3. Oshroth

Oshroth

They have been really slack with keeping the Networking source code up-to-date. The last update was 5.3.0f4, almost 4 months ago, and useless for building in any recent version of 5.3 due to changes to UNetWeaver since then.

Your best bet is to use a Decompiler such as ILSpy to look at the code (C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\UnityExtensions\Unity\Networking\UnityEngine.Networking.dll). Its not perfect but its better than nothing.

-chris likes this.
  4. -chris

-chris

Cheers for the suggestion. ILSpy is letting me see what I need. Many thanks!

5. thegreatzebadiah

thegreatzebadiah

I'd like to second the request for updated source code. I find myself referencing the 5.3 and 5.2 code almost daily since I found it. I even have it linked in my signature I think it's so useful.