Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 5.0 Release Candidate 1 is available

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by Alex-Lian, Feb 9, 2015.

1. tkoknordic

tkoknordic

Do you know which UI version this 5.0f1 has? I have onscreen keyboard not-appearing bug and it is fixed in 4.6.2. So I also would like to see the newest UI version in the next 5.0 patch.

2. Roni92

Roni92

Gotta love those ue-related posts and then observe flame war :D
    Which means its pretty much about everything and nothing ;

3. jashan

jashan

UI 4.6.1p2 equivalence

shkar-noori likes this.
  4. Dantus

Dantus

5. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Finally got RC1 running, and now colour bleed is not working :(

EDIT: False alarm... It's working... just had a weird moment

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  6. twobob

twobob

Heh Quick-fire forum posts.

Aren't they always the suckest. The thing invariably magically " fixes ", or even better you - at that moment - notice the switch in the OFF position :)

Glad you got it sorted

KRGraphics likes this.
  7. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

I wish enlighten had an option to increase the bleed range like offline lighting systems such as vray. For some weird reason, blue will bleed, red will definitely bleed, but not green. When bright green won't bleed, something is wrong. I'll do more tests tonight.

The only way colour bleed works is if you set everything to real time, and have a light at least enabled to bake lightmaps into it.

Also, we need to have a way to fix the white/point on reflection probes, especially if we are using it in scenes. If I put a photographic hdr in my scene, the differences are clear as night and day. The hdr from the photo looks tons better. And I want a way to fix that especially if I'm gonna be using probes frequently. Right now, it looks like a pre 2000 reflection and lacks the "feel" I'm looking for.

8. Elecman

Elecman

Yes, I did. All bugs have been reported and confirmed and some of them I posted in the forums as well.

9. Jonny-Roy

Jonny-Roy

Then it's a case of waiting until they are fixed, you've done your part. RC just means they don't expect to change anything, not that there are no bugs to fix.

10. Tomza

Tomza

No bad emotions, guys! I'm a true fanboy, but Open Source and you all know about that well :). I really like Unity 3D and there's a space for such a game engine. Earlier, I was only a computer programmer, an now thanks to Unity I'm a game developer :). There are still some things to fix for Unity Technologies, but I will be using their product and hope Unity 5.0 will be a stable and great piece of software. Some day. However, bad for me, I have a situation where I need to build something what can't be done with Unity. That's why, I'll use EU that has much more things I REALLY need. Other my projects will be made with Unity, so Unity Technologies won't lose me. No fear!

11. Marcellus_Wilson

Marcellus_Wilson

I feel like it's getting really close. I'm building an ios game that is finally working very smoothly with all real time lights and is gorgeous on a 5s. IL2CPP seems to be working well, and after I finally finished doing a lot of optimizations, it runs the cpu on average at 60% when it averaged 100% and higher previously. Not sure if optimizations like object pools or updates to IL2CPP did it but, it's working wonderfully. I do have two issues. First the build took over an hour with Il2CPP and RC1. In 22 and previous versions with IL2CPP it took longer than normal but it was under 20 min. The second issue goes with the first and that I need to get a unity 5 remote NOW!!! Oh my god I have to wait an hour to do a test on drag speed numbers!!! Need the remote.

12. DanSuperGP

DanSuperGP

You could save yourself a lot of heartache by putting the physics values you're trying to tune in a external data object, like a config file, or on a webserver, or even in a BaaS like Parse. Then you just make a button that reloads the values and sets the variables on the right objects. This takes very little work to set up... and saves you constant rebuilding your app while you're tuning.

Marcellus_Wilson likes this.
  13. Marcellus_Wilson

Marcellus_Wilson

Thanks a lot for the advice. Unfortunately for me I have no idea what your talking about. I guess I'll google it. Damn, you just never know enough. Making games is tough.

image1.PNG image2.PNG

14. DanSuperGP

DanSuperGP

So...if you're trying to adjust drag on some rigidbody right... you write simple script with a reference to that rigidbody that reads some external source of data, like a text file in the bundle, or a REST call to a webserver... and changes the drag.

Then you add a button that calls the function to reload the text, and change the drag value on the rigidbody accordingly.

Then you don't have to rebuild your game to change the drag... you just change the text file or the value on the webserver... and reload the text.

It's simple...

15. twobob

twobob

Or create a generic "Slider" that links to whatever value you want to tweak and wiggle it.

I personally would have a "administrator click sequence" or something to bring up a "list view" of a few likely values(variables) I might want to tweak and dynamically assign the sliders output to the relevant variable upon selection.

repeat process of selection to test something else. Push it out to a config when happy.
    Cheap Mobile debug rig. Which actually would be a nice-to-have in Standard Assets (Sample Assets?) if it was implemented in an auto-taxonimse semi-sane way. :)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
    DanSuperGP likes this.
  16. radiantboy

radiantboy

grabbing right now :D has the light stuff improved? Thank you Unity, you guys rule!

17. VicToMeyeZR

VicToMeyeZR

NO. Worse

18. elbows

elbows

Compared to what version?

19. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

Grabbing which version?

20. DGordon

DGordon

I'm getting an integrate failed on light transport job when I compile for windows (haven't tried anything else) and it either hangs or takes a long time. Is this a known bug?

I'm looking at the logs and its giving 3 errors:

kSuccess == m_Result
    Failed opening GI file: 'b7/b7d86a1e8b72770226aa080c71827229.rsc.sse'.
    Integrate failed on Light Transport job.

[Edit: Okay, the problem becomes solved if I uncheck continuous bake. I'll bug report this ...]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  21. twobob

twobob

Is it in this list?
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/un...ate-1-is-available.296875/page-2#post-1957957
    If so it is known.

Hope it helps

22. DGordon

DGordon

It might be #2 on that list, but I don't really know.

I also just hit a bug where the entire game crashes if I have anything in the Canvas. It gives me the error: "caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)" right away and crashes out. If I remove or disable the gui inside of the canvas object then it doesn't crash.

I kind of need a gui :).

If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know ...

23. twobob

twobob

heh. oh baby.
    The last time that happened to me I ended up entirely replacing the internal gui system with PowerUI.

However, that bug affected me in 4.6 and migrating it to 5.0 in fact fixed that project.

I never did understand why it crashed like that.
    Sounds identical to yours. Report both of your bugs. Can't hurt

Bonne Chance.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  24. Gokcan

Gokcan

RC2 today?

MrEsquire likes this.
  25. AwesomeX

AwesomeX

Hoping for RC2 today..

MrEsquire likes this.
  26. DGordon

DGordon

I copied the entire assets folder into a NEW project, and it started working. It seems like something went wrong in a project file somewhere, which caused even an empty scene with a single gui component in it to crash on build. Everything is fixed, but its a bit worry-some!

27. Gokcan

Gokcan

I think Web-department is sleeping:)

28. seattlebluesky

seattlebluesky

Is Friday 13th a good day to release another RC?

29. orb

orb

It's the perfect day, because expectations will be lower.

30. twobob

twobob

I was a few weeks into a project by that point. It was quicker (and actually more effective as it goes) to replace it.

But Yes, Definite dragon somewhere in heap

31. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Good morning all... I've been tinkering with Enlighten for baking in colour bleed, and I want to confirm that colour bleed can be baked in :). Now I think for any kind of enlighten updates, we need a bleed range...

sqallpl likes this.
  32. KEngelstoft

KEngelstoft

Unity Technologies

Yes, we are aware of this bug and will investigate this as soon as possible. It is likely some encoding or precision issue.

33. GibTreaty

GibTreaty

34. plink

plink

Hello good Unity folks! I'm wondering if Unity 5 will be able to run in Windows via Bootcamp on a Mac. Currently, 4.6 works fine but none of the v5 beta versions nor the RC1 will run. They all throw the above error message and then crash.

I'm on a 3.33GHz 6-core MacPro running Windows 7.

35. Aras

Aras

Unity Technologies

So that looks like for some reason Unity tries to allocate 15 gigabytes of memory. That is totally not expected. Can you file a bug with the project folder that reproduces the issue?

(Unity on Bootcamp works for me just fine, both 4.x and 5.0...)

36. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Ouch! I am so glad I don't get errors like that anymore with Unity 5 64

37. plink

plink

Sent and thank you for looking into this! Also, I'm very happy to hear that 4 & 5 are running well on your end. Thanks again!

38. Emanomic

Emanomic

I'm just playing around with different lighting settings when I start getting a flurry of errors, then I noticed one of them literally just says "pig". A little odd to say the least.

Anyone had any errors similar to these ones?

39. Roni92

Roni92

hahaha pig error, gotta love Unitys sense of humor ;

40. KEngelstoft

KEngelstoft

Unity Technologies

pig means PrecompInputGeometry... We were not trying to make fun.

Can you please try increasing your GI Cache size to 10 Gb and see if this resolves the problem? We have identified a problem where we were too aggressive when cleaning the cache.

41. Mauri

Mauri

pig seems to be a file ending for Enlighten data!? Look at the "Failed opening GI file: '10/107243478...446b9b.pig'." row for instance.

shkar-noori likes this.
  42. Emanomic

Emanomic

Haha thanks KEngelstoft for clearing that up :)

I'm trying with rc2 now, has this problem been addressed in rc2? Also how can I increase my GI Cache size? I've looked all over but can't seem to find a setting anywhere.

Thanks

43. llde_chris

llde_chris

Edit->Preferences->Gi Cache

44. Emanomic

Emanomic

Thanks llde_chris! I had a look and my cache size is already 25gb. So far I haven't run into this issue yet in rc2 so I'm guessing it's been fixed already :) I hope so anyhow.

45. screenname_taken

screenname_taken

I'm still getting a bytestripper2 exe issues if i want to build for iOS.

46. SteveJ

SteveJ

Might be an idea to post in the RC2 thread if that's what you're using... and if you're still using RC1, might be an idea to install RC2 instead.