Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Unity 2019 LTS Is Now Available

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by LeonhardP, Jun 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

From the devs:

"IDFA is not used there anymore (for a long time)
    if you need to confirm: check UnityDeviceUniqueIdentifier in <Trampoline>/Classes/Unity/DeviceSettings.mm"

James15478 likes this.
  2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Not clear at this point.

3. TheGamery

TheGamery

What about actual CPU/GPU load? We are trying to make a game with AAA level graphics and getting a lot of input lag since upgrading to LTS when CPU usage is high.

4. brunocoimbra

brunocoimbra

No issues that we weren't already having with previous versions due unoptimized assets and external plugins (from the top of my head this project was already in 5.6, 2017.3, 2018.1, 2018.4, 2019.2, 2019.3 and now on 2019.4, which we want to stay for a long time now).

EDIT: BTW, the 2019.3 to 2019.4 was the easiest transitions so far.

5. James15478

James15478

Thanks @LeonhardP
    I just had a look through xcode and it looks like I might actually use IDFA since the AdSupport framework is enabled. This might be from another plugin but I also found UnityAds in XCode although I never set it up in Unity unity (nor any other Unity Service).

In XCode I find
    "com.unity.ads" and
    "AdSupport.framework"
    under Frameworks in the Project Navigator

Under Targets->UnityFrameWork in the General tab I have:
    UnityAds.framework (Do Not Embed)
    AdSupport.framework (Do Not Embed)

Under Targets->UnityFrameWork in the Build Phases tab under "Link Binary with Libraries" I have:
    UnityAds.framework (Required)
    AdSupport.framework (Required)

Again, I just want to make sure that I am not using IDFA in order not to get rejected by the app store (as they delete your binary if you answer their "Does this app use the Advertising Identifier (IDFA)?" question wrongly. I'll check the other plugins but I'm not sure why UnityAds is in there.

Thanks again

Attached Files:

6. TacticalShader

TacticalShader

I'm wondering if anyone has the same problem I have :

I've upgraded to 2019.4.1f1 and when launching the player, it crashes at startup (windows standalone).
    Seems like a specific shader causes the crash in CreateLocalKeywordRemap(), but I cannot find which one (unfortunately the LogShaderCompilation option in the Graphics settings only logs AFTER compiling the shader, so it crashes before giving me the info I want).
    FYI I had no issue with 2019.3.7f1
    Right now, I'm trying to find a way to create a simple project to isolate the problem for the bug report.

Crash log :

7. RaventurnPatrick

RaventurnPatrick

See bug report here: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...applypass-when-trees-are-painted-on-a-terrain

Crashes in CreateLocalKeywordRemap and similar places are occuring regularly during play mode / builds since the upgrade from 2019.3 (latest) to 2019.4 lts.
    For us it never crashed with 2019.3 but with 2019.4 you can expect very regular crashes unfortunately

8. TacticalShader

TacticalShader

I managed to isolate the shader that was causing the crash in my project. So I sent a bug report with a test project to the Unity Team. Maybe this will help find a fix soon.

9. jashan

jashan

Did you just add gameId to IUserProfile from Unity 2019.4.1 to 2019.4.2? It's quite weird to have compilation of a project break because an interface was changed. And it's not even mentioned in the release notes.

Or did Unity just never recompile everything in a while? I currently update Unity with each release and have been for a little while since 2019.3.something. IUserProfile.gameId is in the 2019.4 scripting API but not in the 2019.3 scripting API. Even worse: The name makes it seem like it's the ID for a game - but it's actually a game-specific player ID because Apple deprecated the global player ID. But then, in the Apple APIs, there's also teamPlayerId, which is what Apple recommends to use instead of the deprecated playerId.

Reading the 2019.4.2 more carefully, there is one entry that is probably related to this change:

What a mess ...

SMHall likes this.
  10. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

We have a fix for this bug coming to 2019.4.3f1.

RaventurnPatrick likes this.
  11. Artaani

Artaani

12. qmpaden

qmpaden

Serious Bug in Unity: All of the IOS, Apple TV, and devs on my team are unable to build due to Unity not properly creating the new spec for Launchscreen.storyboard, or adhering to the xcode project storyboard build implementation for Apple Devices.

Also, the 2020 builds arent recognizing the new Metal implementation in the builds they create now for some reason.. something to do with Apple new Arm64 builds and a huge issue with Unity creating the Game Center capability in xcode project builds..

Unfortunately because of this, we have to stop our updates to IOS and Apple's App Store this month until a bug fix comes through for 2019.4 LTS or 2018.4 LTS.

Diving into Xcode to solve the launchscreen storyboard issue is very troubling for our studio due to the nature of how much we create new ios updates and builds.. please help us Unity :'(

13. clas_unity

clas_unity

14. TheGamery

TheGamery

Still no fix for the input lag (in 2019.4.2), how long will this take? It's like a week between LTS releases, such major bug, still no fix...

15. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

The fix will be in 2019.4.3.

There is a request for it but it still has to be evaluated.

Could you please submit bug reports for these issues, ideally with minimal reproducibles?

16. valarnur

valarnur

Could you auto bump LTS SRP to the next version?

17. TheGamery

TheGamery

18. Deleted User

Deleted User

And it is indeed! :)

Not fixed in 2019.4.2f1. :(

19. James15478

James15478

Hi @LeonhardP I was wondering if there are plans/timings to support new Game Center features in 2019.4? Especially that access point overlay seems quite intrusive so would be good to be able to hide/show it at appropriate times.

20. unity_chris

unity_chris

Unity Technologies

Yes, unfortunately this was accidentally backported along with the fix you mentioned, which returns the team ID on devices that support/require it (as gamePlayerID and teamPlayerID were introduced at the same time).

We are backing this API change out in 2019.4.3 to return IUserProfile to its previous state.

21. James15478

James15478

Will teamPlayerID and gamePlayerID still be available then in 2019.4.3?

22. unity_chris

unity_chris

Unity Technologies

teamPlayerID will be returned by default by the id field on devices that support it, and both fields are available on public derived classes of the interface (UserProfile, etc)

James15478 likes this.
  23. jun-luo-unity

jun-luo-unity

Unity Technologies

Dear Unity users,

Please note that the end of support for the 2019.4 LTS stream is approaching. 2019.4 will reach the end of its life in June 2022 when the last release of the stream will be published. We expect the final version to be 2019.4.40f1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.