Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unable to get Funnels working

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by shyamlondonconsolidated, Sep 10, 2018.

1. shyamlondonconsolidated

shyamlondonconsolidated

Hello everyone,

Apologies if I am missing something very obvious, but I cant seem to get analytics funnels working at all.

I have looked at tutorials and examples, but my game I cant get it to work.

I have an GameObject loader attached to each of my scenes and within there I have attached an Analytics tracker script with an event name "Level1" triggered by external (unity02.png)
    unity02.PNG
    I have then set up the funnels within the Unity services webpage like so (unity03.png)
    unity03.PNG
    But no data is being funnelled through? even though I have played the game number of times myself within the editor.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

SLC

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

How long have you waited? Have you seen the events in the Validator (either in the Event Manager on the Dashboard, or on the Analytics tab in the Editor in the Services window). It can take 8-16 hours for us to process new events and display them in the Dashboard

3. shyamlondonconsolidated

shyamlondonconsolidated

They havent appeared in the event manager. And it has been almost 24 hours now.

Is the method I am doing correct?

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Correct, I would not expect them to appear in the list if the events just arrived. However, what about in the Validator? Can you provide a screenshot from your Dashboard and from the Editor?

5. shyamlondonconsolidated

shyamlondonconsolidated

The validator shows some old/obsolete events which I dont understand how its generating?
    unity04.PNG

whats the difference between using the different gameobjects;

Analytics Event Tracker
    Analytics Event Tracker
    AnalyticsTracker?
    unity01.png

Where do I exactly attach the scripts?

Also in reference to the validator, where can I find where my obsolete custom event lies within the editor?

Kind Regards,

SLC

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Is this your project, or did you inherit it from someone else? Analytics is now built into the engine, so you no longer need to import any assets, which is looks like you've done. I would encourage you to test with a brand new project with no assets or scripts added, and view the events in the Validator as you have here. Appstart and apprunning are automatically sent for you. Here is an example script for a Custom Event if you choose https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Analytics.Analytics.CustomEvent.html . No assets are required to use this script syntax.

7. shyamlondonconsolidated

shyamlondonconsolidated

Also within the analytics webpage, I can see the custom events, how am I able to delete and remove these? or even add new ones?

unity05.PNG

8. shyamlondonconsolidated

shyamlondonconsolidated

I am using the CorgiEngine as a template and I have heavily modified to make my game.

9. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

New ones are added when your game sends them. You can clear out ALL events in the Dashboard by performing a Data Reset, but be careful when doing so. You can toggle the visibility of existing events as you look to be currently doing in the screenshot. I'm not clear on your CorgiEngine mention, does it impact events or relevant in another way?