Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

uMMORPG Official Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mischa2k, Dec 29, 2015.

1. RickDoll

RickDoll

Do we get full access to code if we purchase?

Can we change the database? I would want to set it up to use MS SQL.

2. iSleepzZz

iSleepzZz

What do you specifically want from him architecture wise?
    It's all using sever authoritative architecture. (AKA, run all things through server to make sure no one can cheat)
    And his motto is "KISS" keeping every things extremely simplified.

3. Feartheway

Feartheway

could really do with a unity style shop just for addons to this asset.

taavileppik likes this.
  4. mischa2k

mischa2k

I do not, but it's only 6k lines of code. I recommend reading through: Entity.cs -> Monster.cs -> Player.cs and then Items/Skills. Then you know mostly everything.

Yes you get 100% of the code.
    Yes you can change the database, someone in our community already made a Mysql addon and it's free.

RickDoll and hopeful like this.
  5. unity_kUz2xaqEZNSPPQ

unity_kUz2xaqEZNSPPQ

help add weapon gun addons???

6. mischa2k

mischa2k

I am not sure

7. RickDoll

RickDoll

Sounds good. I actually will be having it use a rest service, so database doesn't really matter to the Unity part...but was mostly wanting to make sure I could change that.

mischa2k likes this.
  8. psistalk

psistalk

fhiz has addon for mail,crafting and mining now as patreon

9. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: V1.140 pending review!

• Update Info: make sure to replace NetworkProximityCheckerCustom components with the new NetworkProximityChecker everywhere.
    • Player.LateUpdate sets animator moving parameter to Entity.IsMoving, so that the rubberband movement's animation isn't delayed and waiting for the server's 'state' variable anymore. This gives perfectly smooth movement. Also removed the Entity.IsMoving server tag now.
    • Player.OnValidate makes sure that NetworkNavMeshAgentRubberbanding component is above Player component to avoid a bug where NetworkNavMeshAgentRubberband would overwrite local player host's WASD movement velocity.
    • Skill predecessor required levels
    • Updated Mirror; replaced NetworkProximityCheckerCustom with NetworkProximityChecker in all Entities and Skill Effects, because it was improved in the latest Mirror version
    • Usable Item cooldown buffs (for potions etc.)
    • Mirror updated to latest version (NetworkTime.time). Changed all endTimes to double and code uses NetworkTime.time instead of Time.time everywhere now.
    • NetworkNavMeshRubberbanding: lastReceivedDestination is now reset after the change was detected. Fixes a bug where the server would constantly detect the destination change.
    • Latency indicator
    • All player movement now happens on the client, the server never moves the player except for agent.Warp. Fixes race conditions and a bug where client couldn't move anywhere else after moving to a monster to attack it. There was no good way to solve the problem. Having all movement on the client gets rid of the magic.
    • Entity.FinishCastSkill now passes the full skill to the Rpc to avoid race conditions with synchronization where 'skillCur' might still be an old or new value and then OnCastFinished wouldn't be called. This way it's 100% fail safe.
    • Entity.OnSkillCastFinished event added
    • Player.OnSkillCastFinished now handles all the after-cast actions like nextSkill, nextDestination etc. and CASTING state force resets any new movement while casting to avoid race conditions and latency issues with rubberband movement

10. iSleepzZz

iSleepzZz

Really concerned on this part:
    • All player movement now happens on the client, the server never moves the player except for agent.Warp. Fixes race conditions and a bug where client couldn't move anywhere else after moving to a monster to attack it. There was no good way to solve the problem. Having all movement on the client gets rid of the magic.
    Soooo are you saying that the movement is now not server-authoritative?
    Or is the server still validating the movement of clients?

JBR-games likes this.
  11. mischa2k

mischa2k

That is called rubberband movement. Client moves freely and sends latest position to the server, server validates the move and rejects if not allowed.

It's still 100% safe.

12. iSleepzZz

iSleepzZz

phew! Awesome:) Glad it's still server authoritative! Thanks vis2k for clarifying.

13. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: V1.142 pending review:
      • Sound support added (ScriptableSkills)
      • Safe Zones added
      • NetworkNavMeshAgentRubberbanding: added state check to the 'rubber' (validation) part to reject movement during casting/stunned/dead etc. no matter what. The player FSM already resets it, but we would still get twitching and lookAts otherwise.
      • Player FSM: TRADING state rejects movement now, instead of stopping the trade
      • WASD movement while CASTING now sets pendingVelocity and cancels follow up attacks instead of trying to do WASD movement while casting, which would be rejected on the server anyway
      • Player.WASDHandling doesn't do LookAt when trying to do WASD movement while casting
      • Crafting Time (can be set in the recipe)
      • Fixed archer & warrior start positions: forgot to reassign the prefabs in the start positions after the Mirror upgrade
      • Entity.CanAttack made virtual to provide base checks like alive, not self, etc., so Player/Monster/Pet don't have to check that themselves.
      • Entity.OnDeath clears currentSkill so that Monster/Player/Pet don't need to do it manually

JBR-games, Weblox and iSleepzZz like this.
  14. danreid70

danreid70

Just updated and getting this error (x3):
    Assets/uMMORPG/Scripts/_UI/UILatency.cs(20,25): error CS0117: `NetworkTime' does not contain a definition for `rtt'

I may have done something wrong, but I re downloaded it and even removed uMMORPG folder from Assets and re downloaded again and reinstalled it.

15. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

How is the instance zone beta going?

16. mischa2k

mischa2k

Remove the NetworkTime script in the uMMORPG folder. We added NetworkTime to Mirror.

Still experimental

xptavares and danreid70 like this.
  17. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: V1.144 pending review. Now with 3D Character Selection:
    2018-10-14_charselectionb.png

18. danreid70

danreid70

It's already up on Asset Store! I just updated and all is working great! I'm just starting to play with this and am QUITE impressed!!! I'm going to have to dig through the entire thread here to catch up on all the neat features!

mischa2k likes this.
  19. mischa2k

mischa2k

I am glad that you like it.

danreid70 likes this.
  20. Ximishen

Ximishen

Vis have opened for us really great doors by creating ummo, lets say him GREAT THANKS for this stuff.. And Let God Bless U Bro :)

uni7y, pushingpandas and danreid70 like this.
  21. Hitch42

Hitch42

Very nice! I know you've been busy with updating and improving core functionality, but it's always great to see new practical features being added.

JBR-games likes this.
  22. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Any chance for a real mount system? Like riding a horse? What would a lot of Emersion to the asset.

JBR-games likes this.
  23. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

We need @vis2k @Malbers to make this happen!

Weblox, pushingpandas and JBR-games like this.
  24. SocialArenaPR

SocialArenaPR

I've started a youtube tutorial series on uMMORPG -

25. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Awesome! I am moving to this platform once my current game is done!

mischa2k likes this.
  26. Legacycz

Legacycz

Love at the first sight. This asset is amazing! Keep up the good work, man :).

mischa2k likes this.
  27. mischa2k

mischa2k

It's planned. I don't have a mount model and no 'ride mount' animations yet.

By the way guys, I am proud to share with you another great uMMORPG based project that was posted in our showcase channel today:

goldbug likes this.
  28. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

@Malbers already has it done. Just integrate his solution.

29. SocialArenaPR

SocialArenaPR

Episode 2: uMMORPG Setup | uMMORPG Tutorial Part 1 | Unity MMO Creators

Weblox, JBR-games and mischa2k like this.
  30. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

What? The horse animset pro asset works with ummrpg??! how?

31. motillaones

motillaones

Hi comunity! i have some problem, i tried to find the solution but for now its imposible for me.

I want to unblock my camera when the combat starts, by default, when you start the combat the camera looks at the target automatically, and only can move it in Y direction(camera), im doing a third person like GW,WoW,AION, and i need the click right of the mouse to move the character, i tried to find in the code, but nothing... any suggestion? thanks!

(Resolve) was Entity.cs and Player cs. replacing
    public void LookAtY(Vector3 position)
    {
    transform.LookAtY(new Vector3(position.x, transform.position.y, position.z));
    }
    for
    public void LookAt(Vector3 position)
    {
    transform.LookAt(new Vector3(position.x, transform.position.y, position.z));
    }

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    mischa2k likes this.
  32. justtime

justtime

Hi there!
    Is there any solutions for relay and matchmaking systems?

33. SocialArenaPR

SocialArenaPR

Episode 3: UniStorm setup | uMMORPG Tutorial | Unity MMO Creators

nirvanajie, JBR-games and mischa2k like this.
  34. mischa2k

mischa2k

I don't recommend either of those concepts for MMOs.
    If you need matchmaking it's probably best to wait for Unity's announced google cloud matchmaking.
    Relaying is not really needed for MMOs.

35. justtime

justtime

May be i must asked this questions in Mirror thread) I dont really need MMO

36. _jeremy

_jeremy

Is development on macOS supported?

37. mischa2k

mischa2k

Of course

38. SocialArenaPR

SocialArenaPR

Episode 4: Playfab Setup | uMMORPG Part 1 | Unity MMO Creators

mischa2k likes this.
  39. motillaones

motillaones

Hi all guys, need some help, when i start the game on local server, i move all my characters at the same time, and this error appears in the screen " failed to spawn server object, did you forget to add it to the network manager?

by default everything works fine, but i changed the character moviment with a third person motor, and i'm completely lost, thanks for your time!

40. mischa2k

mischa2k

NetworkManager needs to know all the spawnable prefabs. Like the warning says, you need to drag it in there. See UNET manual.

41. Twoonebe

Twoonebe

Hi Vis2k
    you make a greate work and give us to dreams come true :) thank you for that

I have a little question i testet the demo version any plan for camera collision ?

I think it`s look ugly when i can look under the landscape or other objects

mischa2k likes this.
  42. mischa2k

mischa2k

Camera collision is in there by default. It should work fine. Did you modify anything?

43. BryanO

BryanO

Im having some difficulties with rigging equipmemt. the equipment drifts from the body model. The equipment stays together correctly and the animations work.. when rooting the equipment transforms to the base char skeleton it responds the same.... Any suggestions?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  44. mischa2k

mischa2k

Equipment is basically just another rigged 3D model with an animation.
    I am not a 3D artist but I think that my artist animated the whole character + equipment and then exported character, equipment separately. This seems to work.

45. BryanO

BryanO

The character Im rigging came with all its equipment attached to the skeleton and I separated each piece of gear by turning off the others and the body parts essentially what your artist did. so its not really an art question - exporting the gear separately wouldn't change the rigging - the issue is Im doing what you described to do - ie have an identical skeleton and animator to each piece and get this drift.

46. mischa2k

mischa2k

Maybe try the animations in a fresh project (without uMMORPG) first and see if it's an animation / unity issue.

47. Twoonebe

Twoonebe

Hi i did not buy uMMORPG, i play the demo and in the demo ist no camera collision with terrain or other things

48. motillaones

motillaones

Hii, any idea about how disable the stop movement when attack? i want to cancel the cast spell just with "scape" or with the character movement, and incorporate castings in movement, regards!

49. mischa2k

mischa2k

Sorry, might have forgotten to turn it on for the Demo.
    This works fine though and it's not very difficult either, don't worry about it.

Try agent.ResetMovement();

50. Pixelith

Pixelith

*Edit
    Nevermind, I'm dumb. Just set its health to zero. I overthought that way too much.

*Original
    Just a quick question, how would I kill the current Pet? I'm making the Pet Scroll into a Skill for people to learn, but at the moment when I spawn a new pet the old one just sits there.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    mischa2k likes this.