Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Trilib on Hololens 2 - Unable to load DLL 'assimp'

Discussion in 'VR' started by Rufus31415, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Rufus31415

Rufus31415

Hello,
    I'm having trouble using Trilib on the Hololens 2 (ARM64).
    At runtime, I get the Exception : "Unable to load DLL 'assimp': The specified module could not be found."

The project is built with Unity using il2cpp, ARM64 configuration.
    Then the C++ project is compiled with Visual Studio in ARM64 again.

The problem appears during pinvoke, and the native winrt function LoadPackagedLibrary returns null.
    The DLLs assimp.dll and stb_image.dll are next to the main executable.

Are you sure the DLL assets/trilib/plugins/uwp/arm64/*.dll are compiled for ARM64 ? Do they need additional dependencies ?

2. Rufus31415

Rufus31415

After executing the command "dumpbin /headers assimp.dll", it turns out that the DLL is ARM 32 bit. Would it be possible to have a 64-bit compilation?

3. timke

timke

As I understand it, the assimp library is an open-source project on GitHub: https://github.com/assimp/assimp, and so you should be able clone the repo and build ARM64 yourself.

4. Rufus31415

Rufus31415

I know and that's what I'll do if the author doesn't bring a fix.

5. JustUsernameOhMyGod

JustUsernameOhMyGod

Hello,
    have you successfully run Trilib on Hololens2?
    I also encountered this problem, I don't know how to solve it

6. d-bugger

d-bugger

Same here. Did you make any progress. I always get the error with the stb_image.dll for UWP arm64

7. ccarrieta

ccarrieta

I am also trying to use TriLib... anyone can help me ? I am trying to use it to load a model at runtime even if its through holographic remoting and be able to apply prefabs to the loaded model automatically to be able to manipulate the model

8. Rufus31415

Rufus31415

Hi,
    You can download a beta version of Trilib2 which is ARM64 compatible here : https://ricardoreis.net/?p=217
    However, I am not satisfied with Trilib 2 which supports less format and is currently unstable. I am still looking for a library. I plan to take the time to compile ASSIMP myself with emscripten and cmake UWP. I have an application that runs on both Hololens 2 and WebGL.

9. KysS_k

KysS_k

Can trilib2 load the fbx model normally? Be able to share the latest version of trilib and have no plans to buy it before verifying its feasibility

10. HexinUnity1

HexinUnity1

How did you solve this problem? Is version 2.0 OK

11. Bocci

Bocci

I downloaded the new version but I still get the exact same error (DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'assimp': The specified module could not be found) Did it work for you with the new version of Trilib?

12. wechat_os_Qy00NKgJlILexWATnqzKSr5VE

wechat_os_Qy00NKgJlILexWATnqzKSr5VE

Hi!
    I have met the same trouble that you mentioned of using the Trilibs on HoloLens2.
    Did you solved this problem?

13. Rufus31415

Rufus31415

Check ARM for this dll and just compile for ARM (not ARM64)

samuelmorais likes this.
  14. rickomax

rickomax

Hi!

I don't support TriLib 1.9 anymore (which uses Assimp).

But generally, if you compile the Assimp libraries using the right toolchain/compiler settings, you must ensure the Assimp library inside your "Plugins" folder settings is configured to be included in your target platform.