Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

TMP Settings?

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Alturis2, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Alturis2

Alturis2

I was reading the latest links to TMP documentation and there are still references to the TMP Settings asset where game wide defaults are defined etc. Yet I am not seeing this already existing nor do I see a way to create one.

I upgraded from Unity 2017 where I was using TextMeshPro Free and still have my old TMP Settings around but of course, the associated script is no longer supported.

How does one setup project-wide Text Mesh Pro settings now?

2. Alturis2

Alturis2

Never mind. I see its now part of the Project Settings window.

3. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Just to provide more insight on this...

The TMP Settings are an asset which is located (as before) in the "TextMesh Pro/Resources/..." folder.

Since the TextMesh Pro package is installed with Unity by default but given its use is optional, the TMP Essential Resources (which include the TMP Settings) are not imported in the local project until first use or until a user manually imports them.

Accessing the Project Settings window / TextMesh Pro Setting will trigger the Import window for TMP Essential and TMP Examples & Extras to be shown if these resources are not already present in the project.