Search Unity

Bug TMP font Help link broken

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by andyz, Aug 26, 2020.

1. andyz

andyz

Came back to TMP in 2019.4 LTS after a while and had a few issues, needed to upgrade to 2.1.1 which is not made entirely obvious by the package manager but that's another story...

The TMP font inspector ?/help button takes me to a broken link: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/script-TMP_FontAsset.html

I can't quite believe the correct manual page (https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.textmeshpro@3.0/manual/index.html or 2.0?) still points to another site for reference (which does not cover all the atlas render modes).

I hope you get more help with TMP in future from Unity

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Let me look into these links.

What specific information were you looking for about the Font Asset Inspector?

3. andyz

andyz

Well I don't think there is any info about all the render modes for the atlas so it is hard to know what is best

4. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

See the following post from a user which actually provide a good description of these Render Modes.

SDF8, SDF16 and SDF32 are over sampled modes (requested sampling X over sample) where the SDF is computed on a binary representation of each glyphs. This mode is extremely slow but very accurate.

SDFAA and SDFAA Hinted are modes where the SDF is computed on the sampling point size using an 8 bit alpha (ie. anti aliased) representation of the glyphs. This mode is fast enough for runtime use but less accurate. The less accurate part is not visible on glyphs that are smaller than 72 to 96 point size on screen displayed at 1:1.

andyz likes this.
  5. andyz

andyz

ok I have repeated myself! But it would be nice if you & Unity could integrate full documentation for all packages (specially these default ones) into the main docs