Search Unity

Timeline Audio Clips Always Play From Start=0 in WebGL

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by vinodlobo, Dec 3, 2019.

1. vinodlobo

vinodlobo

When we trim audio clips on the timeline, clip-in time other than "0", plays fine from Editor, but in WebGL builds every clip plays from the start time = 0. So, WebGL is ignoring the trimming of clips, always playing each clip from the beginning (clip in = 0)

Do we have to edit all our audio into separate clips that start from clip in =0 to work in WebGL? Or is there something we can do within the editor?

Using Unity 2019.2

Thanks,
    Vinod

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  2. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

3. Ultraspider

Ultraspider

4. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

There is a bug filed for this and currently assigned to the WebGL team. Unfortunately I'm not sure when they will get to it, but if you vote on the issue, it will increase the priority of the bug.

5. vinodlobo

vinodlobo

Ultraspider,
    We have split all our audio clips due to this bug, so we can start every audio on the timeline at clip time=0. This has led to many hours of audio editing, but no way around given current version and the long time to no bug fix. From what seant_unity is saying, already in the bug system but unsure, so you may have to edit clips so they all start at time=0.
    -- Vinod

6. vinodlobo

vinodlobo

Seant_Unity,
    Can you let me know the specific bug related to trimming audio clips on timeline? The link referenced above is more about the pausing/resuming, not the trimming where start time not equal to 0.
    Thanks,
    -- Vinod

7. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

That's the only one I am aware of, but I am making the assumption that they are in fact both symptoms of the same bug - WebGL not properly handling audio parameters.

8. Ultraspider

Ultraspider

@vinodlobo That's what I ended up doing. Luckily that only took 2 hours of work to split my audio files.

I noticed that Timeline does not play well with WebGL builds. If I do a development build, the unity debug console is flooded with errors as soon as a Timeline starts to play. I only do production build because of that just to hide those messages. I'll take the time to analyse those message and file bug when I have time.

@seant_unity Alright, thanks for the info.