Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug The Unity error regarding IL2CPP. HELP PLEASEEEE!

Discussion in 'Android' started by ThiagoCaron, Apr 25, 2024.

1. ThiagoCaron

ThiagoCaron

I need help with the error I'm about to send. I've tried several videos, I've seen several forums, and so far I haven't been able to understand what is causing this error regarding IL2CPP. I can't build because of this error. Please, can someone help me? I'm starting to go crazy :s

Attached Files:

2. ThiagoCaron

ThiagoCaron

Why is this error happening? What should I do? I'm using version 2023.1.11f1 <DX11>.

3. Alan-Liu

Alan-Liu

Can you post the code of
    void UniversalNetworkInput.Network.UNClient::ProcessMessagePool
    ?
    What is the type of
    NetworkError
    ?

ThiagoCaron likes this.
  4. mike-voorhees

mike-voorhees

Unity Technologies

That error would indicate either an il2cpp bug or invalid IL. You could use PEVerify to check if the assembly is valid. If PEVerify reports a problem in the same method then it's most likely invalid il. My guess would be some tooling is modifying the assembly incorrectly.

Another thing you could try is opening the assembly in a tool such as ILSPy, navigate to the method "ProcessMessagePool" and see if ILSpy will show you the C#. If the method has invalid IL ILSpy will often show an error when showing the C#.

If PEVerify doesn't report any problems or if you want us to take a look you can submit a bug report with a repro project.

Thanks,
    -Mike

ThiagoCaron likes this.
  5. ThiagoCaron

ThiagoCaron

I ran PEVerify on the dll that was giving an error and this was the return of PEVerify, what does this mean?

I ran PEVerify on the dll that was giving an error and this was the return of PEVerify, what does this mean?

Attached Files:

6. ScottHFerguson

ScottHFerguson

Unity Technologies

ThiagoCaron likes this.
  7. ThiagoCaron

ThiagoCaron

THAT WAS IT!!! I downloaded this package at the beginning of the project, but I wasn't using it, just using one of the images inside it. But as soon as I deleted some folders from this package, I was able to build!!! Thank you so much for the help you three gave me, I didn't know what else to do!! May God bless your lives abundantly!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!