Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Official The Collaborate package becomes the Version Control package

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by marie-unity, May 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marie-unity

marie-unity

Administrator

Note: If you are currently using the Plastic SCM Asset Store plugin, you will need to uninstall v.1.5.7 of the Version Control package (com.unity.collab-proxy) to continue using the Asset Store plugin at this time.

Hi everyone,

Over the next few weeks, we will be introducing changes to the Collaborate package for the current tech stream as well as 2020.3LTS and 2019.4LTS with the release of version 1.5.7.
    • The Collaborate Package will be renamed to Version Control. This change will affect the package display name and its description.
    • We are preparing to expand the Version Control package to include both version control solutions offered by Unity; Collaborate and Plastic SCM for Unity.
    • We will be moving the Plastic SCM Asset Store plugin to the Version Control package in a future release.
    • Version 1.5.7 contains no new functionality or bug fixes for Collaborate.
    upload_2021-5-31_11-26-25.png

Once the move is completed, the Version Control package will give you the ability to use either Collaborate or Plastic SCM for Unity in the Unity editor.
    • You won't be able to use both version control solutions at the same time. You will be able to choose which one you want to enable and there will be a way to disable one in order to use the other.
    • Plastic SCM for Unity in the Version Control package will not be compatible with the Unity Asset Store plugin. You will need to uninstall the Asset Store Plugin to use Plastic SCM for Unity in Package Manager.
    If you are curious about Plastic SCM for Unity, take a look at this forum post from our latest major release!

We will keep you updated as we complete the package expansion!

Last edited: May 31, 2021
  2. thelocationlabdeveloper

thelocationlabdeveloper

Why the version control package is not showing in Package Manager? Even i have enable preview pacakges.

emcd4 likes this.
  3. ValeryNikulina

ValeryNikulina

Unity Technologies

Hi,

What Unity version are you using?

4. thelocationlabdeveloper

thelocationlabdeveloper

unity 2020.3.8

5. ValeryNikulina

ValeryNikulina

Unity Technologies

Hi,

In this Unity version you can find Unity Collaborate package. Although, Plastic SCM for Unity is available only for the following Unity versions:
    2019.4.32f1 or later 2019.4 versions
    2020.3.20f1 or later 2020.3 versions
    2021.1.25f1 or later 2021.1 versions
    2021.2.0b16 or later 2021.2 versions
    2022.1.0a12 or later 2022.1 versions

So for the 2020.3.8 it's not available, which means that there's no Version Control Package as it'd only include Collaborate.

Please let me know if this answers your question and if you have any further ones :)

6. xancrazy

xancrazy

I'm using 2021.1.7f1 and the Version Control package won't show for me either.

7. TeramonGame

TeramonGame

After installing Version Control, I get this error: Collab Service is deprecated and has been replaced with PlasticSCM

8. ValeryNikulina

ValeryNikulina

Unity Technologies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.