Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Swords and Shovels?

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by CydoEntis, Nov 5, 2017.

1. CydoEntis

CydoEntis

I saw this ad on facebook for swords and shovels to learn game development has anyone gone through it yet? Debating on making a purchase to learn Unity and C# to see if I can actually learn to make my own game.

2. OldRod

OldRod

I saw this as well. $12/month... how many months? Is that cost just for this course, or for other courses as well? Are there some more details posted somewhere?

*Edit* Here's a page I found with more details:

https://unity3d.com/swordsandshovels

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  3. Berir

Berir

Even thought it is an old question, Yes I have finished them all except the final networking multiplayer part because it has never been released on unity learning but you can get it from other places! course is absolutely complex and amazing in what is trying to do! I actually managed to finish it all, but it was a struggle and many times I was stuck, problem is for each part is a different tutor, different approach, and they even use different unity versions... in reality it was a total mess... but if you put some work into it, you can figure it all out... worst part for me was Inventory because it was not well explained and it starts with some missing files, problem was you are never told by your tutor about missing files and her project already starts with these files so it all works for her, yet you keep hitting your head against the wall, unless you done another course, where you are told about this files, yet you might not have because they were design to be done in any order apparently, yet this proved it not to be true ....better to stick to the order!

Socrates likes this.