Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question switching to unity 6

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by cyrus234, May 4, 2024.

1. cyrus234

cyrus234

hi

i switched from unity 2023.2.3 to unity 6 preview after opening and recompiling some of my projects throw the error

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.testtools.codecoverage\Editor\CoveragePreferences.cs(1,19): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'SettingsManagement' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEditor' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.testtools.codecoverage\Editor\CoveragePreferences.cs(31,19): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Settings' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

i tried deleting those from package manager but they are locked

i tried deleting them from Packages/packages-lock.json but as soon as i start unity they come back

any advice how to delete this package ?

2. Ryiah

Ryiah

If a package is locked it means another package is dependent on it. You'd have to remove those too.

3. cyrus234

cyrus234

well the package manager says

but the thing is i didnt installed any of these must be stuff that came automatically with unity 6
    will try to delete those now

Attached Files:

4. cyrus234

cyrus234

well the test framework is dependent on

but this custom nunit i cant find it

Attached Files:

5. cyrus234

cyrus234

ok it seems it was that "Enginnering" package removing that solved it

bugfinders likes this.
  6. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Check for package updates and upgrade those packages, starting with the package that throws errors and the packages that depend on it.