Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Sprite Assets work different on iOS and Android

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by alican_hasirci, Mar 14, 2022.

1. alican_hasirci

alican_hasirci

I have a problem using sprite assets on iOS builds although they work properly on Android builds.
    I've attached two images of same project built for different platforms. As you may have well guessed, the one that looks proper is the one from Android build and the other from iOS.
    Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 17.22.27.png Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 17.22.14.png

Am I missing something obvious here? I've placed both the texture and the asset file under Resources/Sprite Assets as it was defined in TMP Settings. Even changed name of the texture to differentiate from asset itself but to no avail.

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

I believe this behavior might be related to texture compression build settings on iOS.

3. alican_hasirci

alican_hasirci

Texture is not compressed but you actually pointed me to a direction where in the end I've found out the answer.
    I was going for half texture size in quality settings which caused meshes to show double the area than intended. Problem occuring only on iOS lead me to investigate platform specific differences but the origin ended up to be textures sizes.
    Thanks for your time @Stephan_B love your work

Stephan_B likes this.