Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Splines

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tvisarl, May 25, 2024.

1. tvisarl

tvisarl

Hi, all!
    First of all, sorry if this question should have been posted somewhere else.

Here it is : I have an idea about using splines to create tank tracks. Which means that, in runtime
    1 - Objects must be cloned along the splines and be able to follow them,
    2 - The splines themselves must be edited to adjust to terrain.

In the asset store I have found "Path Creator" which looks very nice ( the "Vertex Paths" are very attractive for me ) but I don't know if the paths can be edited at runtime.
    Can you answer that question or recommend other assets that would meet my requirements?

Thanks in advance,
    Thierry

2. VRARDAJ

VRARDAJ

I don't think I'd personally pay for Path Creator since, in reviewing the store page for a moment, I don't see anything it does that isn't also available free from elsewhere.

I've mostly used the Surge plugin for splines (https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/utilities/surge-107312). It can do everything I saw in the demo video for Path Creator, and it's free.

There's also Unity's internal Splines package. I've never used it before, but it looks decent:

marcoantap likes this.
  3. tvisarl

tvisarl

Thanks, VRARDAJ.