Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Solved] UI Text weird vertex positions in ModifyMesh

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by customphase, Aug 7, 2016.

1. customphase

customphase

Hey everybody. So i implemented this inline images technique in text component in unity back in version 5.2: by using ModifyMesh i was tracking the positions of certain reserved characters and used those positions to place images on top of them in update, and it all worked fine back in 5.2. However in 5.4 the positions of characters i track became bizzare. For example, im outputting the positions of top left vertices of "G" and "M" symbols, and those positions differ in X value, even though they lie exactly on the same coordinate on the X axis.
    a1.PNG
    My assumption is that those positions are now dont account for new lines and are restrained by some rect. So what is the deal here? Is there a better way to do this?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  2. customphase

customphase

Nevermind. The problem was that Unity post 5.3 uses 6 vertices per character and not 4, as it did before.