Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Solved] Mesh Collider collide with other collider but ignore the raycarst

Discussion in 'Physics' started by Deleted User, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

My Artist in the Team made us some nice Buildings, i was trying to implement them with a Mesh Collider to let the Character walk on it

In normal case the Character will be holding up by the point of the SphareCarst Hit, so there is no collider blocking his way downwards, only what collides with the world is the ragdoll itself ( i am using Puppet Master the Asset ).
    I normal case the Character can walk on every collider but in this building he just falls down in that way so that the SphareCarst ignore the Mesh collider.

My question is, is there something wrong with the Mesh of the model so that the Mesh Collider generates a wrong collider?
    Does anyone have got same problems?

Here a quick video:

2. dgoyette

dgoyette

It's hard to say exactly what's going there. I'm not sure if it's the camera angle, but to me it looks as though the largest Capsule Collider is getting pushed downward when trying to get through that door. Once the outer collider is pushed down through the floor, your model ragdolls and falls to land on the floor.

Does this still happen if you make that door wider so that it doesn't hit the outer capsule collider? Or can you temporarily put the walls on another layer and disable collisions to see if that's the issue?

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

The outer collider is mark as Trigger so he don't have collision enabled and the inner collider have also for a other reason collision disabled, its only a ray with a SphereCarst who hold the Character on ground.

We in the Team also found out the the Bug only happens on my Maschine, so the other people don't have this bug, sounds really strange but we tested it on 2 other PC´s

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

I changed the QueryTriggerInteraction to QueryTriggerInteraction.UseGlobal on the RayCarst/SphareCarst options and this solved the problem.