Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Solved] Error: Collaborate is not yet up to date with the state of your project

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by kmasgrande, Jun 8, 2017.

1. kmasgrande

kmasgrande

I'm still learning a lot about how Collab works but have a problem that has left me completely stumped. The error I get when trying to publish my changes is
    "[Collab] GitRepoService::MissingOIDError: Collaborate is not yet up to date with the state of your project. Please try again later."
    Which I can't find any information about what that actually means. After letting it sit overnight the problem has not resolved itself. I notice that I also cannot access the Collab History (the tab stays completely blank even if I try to reload it or restart unity) because I would just revert to the last published version if I could.

What is going on here? And if this is a bug what info should I provide to help get it resolved?
    Using Unity 5.6.1f1 Personal - Thanks

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @kmasgrande! Sorry that you're running into this error. It sounds like you may have had a corrupt revision ID. We have a bugfix for 2017.1 so this type of error shouldn't pop up again.

In the meantime, could you try copying out your local changes that you want to save then going to the Collab History window and pressing Restore on the latest revision? See if that will let you publish new changes again? If that doesn't work then try downloading your project from the Cloud again in a new folder and move your local changes over to that version and see if you can publish then. Let me know if either of those options work.

3. kmasgrande

kmasgrande

Thanks, the Collab History window would not load for me to restore an older version, so I did go ahead and redownload the whole thing to merge with the local changes. Now it publishes just fine and the history window appears to be working as intended!

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  4. d1favero

d1favero

So with the last stable version (5.6.2) I need to make this type of thing to get collab works??

5. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @d1-favero! Can you tell me what error you're seeing or what issues you're running into?

6. sroq

sroq

Hi, i have same issue, I updated the editor to 2017.1, but I cannot publish the changes to collaborate. I get this error:
    "[Collab] GitRepoService::MissingOIDError: Collaborate is not yet up to date with the state of your project. Please try again later."

[UPDATE]: I exported the whole project, then I created a brand new project and imported this package. It seems, that workaround works, I can publish the changes to collab as a new project.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  7. mahu

mahu

Hello, if anyone still experiences this issue, I solved it by (after doing a backup of my project locally) deleting the folder Library/Collab. I just opened the project again after deleting the collab folder and everything went fine, I sent my changes and it worked with no problems. No need to export, create new projects and reimport everything.

escic and DDeathlonger like this.
  8. DDeathlonger

DDeathlonger

This happened to me in Unity 2018.2.10f (the latest at this time) after losing collab feature then a couple months later re-enabling (re-purchasing) it.

@mahu 's solution worked for me as well. Simply delete the Library/Collab folder then re-open the project.

9. escic

escic

Hello same issue and save from 2020~! Great job Unity~!