Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

[Solved] Delete Facebook.dll

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by Woj_Gabel_FertileSky, May 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woj_Gabel_FertileSky

Woj_Gabel_FertileSky

How can I delete facebook.dll from my assets and build the project?

I need to delete it, because it brakes my visual studio build. But when I do, the project wont build.

What is the correct way to disable shops like tizen, or facebook, that are part of the UIAP and delete the faulty libraries?

2. FMark92

FMark92

Why build with Visual Studio? Build with Unity. VS is for editing.

3. Woj_Gabel_FertileSky

Woj_Gabel_FertileSky

I am building in unity. That build is a visual studio project. And to test that project, you build it in visual studio to run on device. Because we have a crapton of native plugins.
    How do you add soemthing to a xaml MainPage in unity? You can?

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  4. FMark92

FMark92

This sounds so wrong...

Ok here's an idea.

Take facebook.dll out of Assets and put it somewhere where you can access it.
    Make "mcs.rsp" file in Assets.
    Put this in it
    -r:"Path\To\facebook.dll"
    Close VS project.
    Unity -> Reimport all.
    Open VS project.

5. Woj_Gabel_FertileSky

Woj_Gabel_FertileSky

It sound wrong? Then how do you associate the app with an application on the microsoft dashboard? How do you make store package without native visual studio build? As far as I know it is not possible in unity.

6. FMark92

FMark92

Nevermind the banter mate :)
    Have you attempted the solution I've posted?

7. Woj_Gabel_FertileSky

Woj_Gabel_FertileSky

But I really would appreciate the info on that:) I really would want to create packages outside of VS, because it is adding unwanted complexity to production.
    And no, my lead said to abandon facebook altogether, because windsows platform is dead anyway. No resources for that.

8. FMark92

FMark92

How about just packing those packages into .net managed libraries? It will remove a lot of flexibility though.

9. JayR

JayR

Hi @Sedesikus

You can not delete store libraries. They are designed to automatically switch to a stubbed version when running on an unrelated platform, so I think we need a bit more detail to understand what is happening here.

For starters it would be good to confirm the platform(s) and versions involved. Based on a later post in the thread it sounds like this is a UWP build, but whether or not it is 8.1 or 10 can also make a difference. In particular we've seen different behavior with WACK depending on that.

But more importantly we need detail on what you mean by "the project won't build." The actual error messages can tell us a lot here. There is currently one "known issue" with the Facebook store on UWP, but we can't even start to assess if this is the same issue until we know what the error you are seeing is. You also mention Tizen and there haven't been any issues with Tizen interacting with UWP for several months (since Unity IAP 1.8.1 I think) so if you're having a problem with Tizen then we'll also need details on that.

It may also be helpful if you explain your workflow in a bit more detail. You will need to use Visual Studio for Windows Store packaging etc. (as you mentioned) but that tends to work best when just building from the solution files generated by Unity. If you're doing anything to change how the final build happens (especially with IAP) then that could be causing a problem.

10. Woj_Gabel_FertileSky

Woj_Gabel_FertileSky

Hi JayR! Thank for your help!
    My problem was my game crashing after trying to log into facebook through the use of facebook.dll from MarkerMetro plugin, or standalone facebook.dll version 7.0.6 (or any other version). When trying to login through the use of the library, I got error saying that the requested dll was in other version than the one in the project. (Cant remember exact wording now, because deleted the whole thing).
    Everything was working when using MarkerMetro facebook.dll. After adding Unity IAP plugin, the error and crash started to show.

I tried to switch the library to other, but the error still showed up. There was some leftover info about those libraries and their versions I could not get rid of.

And I never said tizen was not working. I just want to get rid of unwanted trash from my project. The less libraries there are in the project, the less it is for it to blow up.

My workflow:
    • Make game in unity. Build.
    • Open the new build in visual studio.
    • Add some libraries.(Facebook, notifications, native-unity-native code handling, etc)
    • Check capabilities etc.
    • Build and test.
    • Associate app with the store
    • change basic game numbers in manifest.
    • Create app package
    • Update to store.
    Unity 5.5.2p4, (Windows store platform) Universal 8.1

Is there any other way to do this? Because Marfab sure as hell suggested that there is, and my way is very wrong.

11. FMark92

FMark92

Might be stupid question but why not add libraries to Unity project before you build?

12. JayR

JayR

Hi,

The basic issue you're having with the Facebook DLL will be resolved by Unity IAP 1.11.2 (currently in QA) and should be fine with your current workflow. You could try moving the libraries into your Unity project (as Marfab suggests -- pay attention to platform settings in the inspector) but you will still need to do all of the app association, package creation etc in Visual Studio so might not be worth the change in your workflow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.