Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Sky Rush - AR FPS game

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Dragonian, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Dragonian

Dragonian

Our latest game "Sky Rush" has been released on the iTunes store. "Sky Rush" is an augmented reality (AR) fps game built using the awesome Unity engine.

For those interested it was developed by a team of 3 (and a half) over a period of two months working on a part-time basis.

We have created a mini website for the game where you can see screenshots and some of the weapons/tech available in the game:
    http://www.awshub.com/game/skyrush/

You can see the iTunes page here:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sky-rush/id438403978?ls=1&mt=8

The game features the Critters characters from an earlier game of ours called "Critter Ball", which in turn was based on a short animation called "Arcade Trap" (which can be watched here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N9NRn2I8ZU)

We look forward to your responses to the game.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  2. zine92

zine92

Cool. A game made using AR. Gonna check out the videos now. :D

Edit: Is there a video of this game instead? I look at your previous game. Animations look fluid except the characters looks a bit sharp around the edge but i think thats the style of your game i think.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  3. Dragonian

Dragonian

Thanks for the reply zine92. We haven't done any gameplay video's of Sky Rush yet (having issues recording the HD feed from the device... Anyone got any tips for doing this?)

We have just updated Sky Rush, adding various improvements and tweaks:
    - High Res. camera capture,
    - More intuitive robot drone tracing with guides,
    - Fixed some of the text legibility,
    - Improved gameplay for several of the Challenge Mode games.

I would love to hear people's responses, and ideas for improving the game.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  4. AHiddenNinja

AHiddenNinja

Hi, I'm part of the development team working on this game. To give people a feel for how the game plays, I created this teaser trailer for Sky Rush. I thought it would be pretty funny to get the Big Boss character (who is the mastermind behind all the enemies) to act out epic speeches from a few of my favourite films.

Hope you enjoy!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  5. TehWut

TehWut

Wow.... I love the art style and you have a great concept here!

6. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

Looks wonderful, hope it sells well!

7. Dragonian

Dragonian

We have recently released an update to Sky Rush, updates include:
    - Added iOS5 support for augmented reality control,
    - The non-AR control (i.e. "touch control") has been totally re-worked (it has actually become our preferred control scheme - not so tiring on the arms),
    - Added new game mode call "Arcade" designed specifically for bus/train/plane/car travel (or lying in bed). As this mode was designed for the new Critter types and weapons coming in the next big update, we thought it was best classified as a "beta" feature - but it is still great fun to play,
    - Added "Auto Complete" alternative to some of the more gruelling Challenge Mode games (now everyone can enjoy the awesome power of the Dual Mini-gun, you just have to kill 500 Critters in one of the other game modes),
    - Revised prompt and objective system to make Challenge objectives clearer and more intuitive,
    - Revised several of the Challenge Mode games to make the overall unlocking experience more enjoyable,
    - Changing some of the flow of the weapon unlocking to give the first-time user access to a wider variety of weapons,
    - Performance enhancements across the board,

To celebrate the iOS5 update (and use the old release's codes before they expire :p ) we are giving away five promo codes for the iPhone game. Get in quick!

1) HNTYTPT9P76M
    2) EWHTM3A6K4K7
    3) 3MHMT4MKL67R
    4) 7T9RNY943J37
    5) YRA9YF6HL6LT

For those that haven't done it before just grab one of the codes above, open iTunes, click on the link "Redeem" on the right-hand side of the store (in the Quick Links section)... and enjoy!

<<If you're feeling nice, post if you redeem a code, so others don't have to try each of them to no avail>>

Hoping you folks like the update!

8. AHiddenNinja

AHiddenNinja

Now that the mayhem of the update is done, I am finally getting around to sharing this.

For those who are interested, you can check out a blog post I did on creating/baking the textures for the planes in Sky Rush.

Check it out here:
    http://awshub.com/blog/blog/2011/11/01/hi-poly-vs-low-poly/

Cheers,
    Aldrich

9. Alec

Alec

Surely you can't have the rights to use all that audio right? right?

10. Dragonian

Dragonian

We have now released a free version of Sky Rush. Giving everyone a chance to taste our augmented reality (AR) fps critter killing action.

More Sky Rush feature content updates coming soon.

Enjoy!!

11. Hossain

Hossain

Looks professional and clean. Great work, guys.