Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

showing Animation between 2 neighboring keyframes.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by kinetiknz, May 21, 2012.

1. kinetiknz

kinetiknz

Hey, so I have an animated camera moving from one location to another. I have a keyframe on frame 349 in the right position and a keyframe on frame 350 in the right position (at a different place) but when playing Unity draws the camera's movement for a frame in-between the locations. I can't move the keyframes any closer, and REALLY don't want to cut between camera's. I have tried the animation sampling settings but nothing seems to help with this.

Any ideas?
    Thanks
    :eek:

2. Zethariel1

Zethariel1

Add a scripted event to keyframe 349 that manually changes the transform of the camera to that of keyframe 350. Unity animation in general will always have smooth movement and interpolations, and events are yuor best bet on changing positions rapidly.

3. cannon

cannon

Right click on your keys in the animation window and set either the left or right tangent to constant. The connecting key will change to broken and you should have a nice sharp edge in your animation. The animation won't interpolate then.