Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Shadergui material SetDirty doesnt work

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by xOrfe, Jul 12, 2023.

1. xOrfe

xOrfe

Hello, i am trying to make a toggle for custom shadergui. After changing the material keyword, even if SetDirty is called, the keyword reverts to its old value after saving the scene with Ctrl+S. I tried to do it similar to the documentation, but I couldn't find the source of the problem. Where do you think the problem might be?

Reference doc : https://docs.unity.cn/ScriptReference/ShaderGUI.html

Code (CSharp):
    2.                     bool toggle = _keywords.Contains(currentFoldoutName);
    3.                     EditorGUI.BeginChangeCheck();
    4.                     toggle = EditorGUILayout.BeginToggleGroup(propertyData.OnlyName, toggle);
    5.                     isInsideFoldout = true;
    6.                     if (EditorGUI.EndChangeCheck())
    7.                     {
    8.                         if (toggle)
    9.                         {
    10.                             _material.EnableKeyword(currentFoldoutName);
    11.                         }
    12.                         else
    13.                         {
    14.                             _material.DisableKeyword(currentFoldoutName);
    16.                         }
    17.                         if (!Application.isPlaying) EditorSceneManager.MarkSceneDirty(EditorSceneManager.GetActiveScene());
    18.                         EditorUtility.SetDirty(_material);
    19.                     }

2. xOrfe

xOrfe

When i use float instead of boolean keyword, it works well. upload_2023-7-13_1-15-54.png

Attached Files: