Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

SCI FI INTERIOR Modular Pack - Make sci fi interiors to any size, style with Klix 3d

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by arteria, May 2, 2013.

1. arteria

arteria

DOWNLOADABLE UNITY PC LEVEL HERE

The SciFi Interior pack utilizes our Klix3d Mesh System. The pack allows the user to connect together floor, wall and ceiling meshes together to make any size, and shape of interior space. A wide variety of materials are included, that can then be applied to these meshes, to customize the room texture design. The scene is then completed with adding props that are included with the pack to add additional detail to the interior settings.

UNITY USERS
    As you can see from the images, the pack promos have been made in unity, and in fact, the pack has been deisgned in unity, from a unity users perspective, for unity users.
    This means, the provided unity package imports everything already set up for you, including the free demo scene
    as depicted in the images, plus all materials set up with shader maps applied.

Whats more, There is a free inclusion of the Reflective Fresnel Shader from ChickenShaders, given courtousy of Chickenlord on the unity forums. This shader makes that classy scifi highly reflective look achievable on mesh materials.This shader is already set up for you on the material settings!

There is a full video tutorial on using the pack that can be accessed via the website - alternatively check out below.
    Expand to see in higher quality
    [video=youtube_share;lbdv-yopqXw]http://youtu.be/lbdv-yopqXw

This release is the Core Pack - there will be addons of props, materials, construction segment meshes released consistently over the next few months.
    Customers who purchase TODAY, get all addons free that are released over the next 6months

Also the pack is discounted from $100 to $50 for the next 7 days too

Product Price:$50

Product Page:
    http://arteria3d.com/products/scif-interior-construction-pack

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  2. MarStr

MarStr

Really nice, as all your stuff! Keep on the great work :) this is awesome!

3. DevionGames

DevionGames

Great Job, this looks very nice!

4. Steve-Tack

Steve-Tack

Looks great! This will be very useful for my current game project.

5. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Please look into your notification i send you a pm and aswer me.

Edit:
    Thank you for the answer.
    I did what you told me to do.
    Please have a look.

6. arteria

arteria

Thankyou for the nice comments, much apreciated

7. arteria

arteria

Thankyou. This really is a useful system, of which will be expanded for medieval and modern day too!

8. Jaimi

Jaimi

This looks great! Truly top notch!

9. arteria

arteria

Thanks Steve. Messaged you RandAlThor also

Last edited: May 3, 2013
  10. arteria

arteria

Thanks Jaimi, glad you all like the kit

11. arteria

arteria

Really pleased with the overwhelming support on this pack.

12. dell

dell

does this still apply if I purchase today? Will I get the addons for free that are released over the next 6 months?

13. arteria

arteria

Due to the timezone, yes, this does apply today, if you order shortly!

Steve

14. arteria

arteria

Offer runs until 12 midnight GMT today

15. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Thank you Steve :eek:)

16. OuPas1

OuPas1

Impressive stuff!

17. arteria

arteria

Thankyou for all the support.

Next pack addon for this kit will be a ruined ship setting

18. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

The models and overall concept are amazing!
    I really need more Sci-Fi packs... But, I wont grab this one because I can see many stretched UV maps and textures are really in need of a lot of love there.
    This looks very promising, just need great textures. I will follow this and wait till textures are great as much as the model meshes.

19. GBCFraser

GBCFraser

This is probably one of the better ones out there, but it looks high poly and PC only, my needs require lower poly. I like the default lighting and space windows. I'm checking now too see how many props are included.... this is a good deal, but I won't be needing it. It looks like the snap settings work well. I'm going to see what else you have made though....

20. GBCFraser

GBCFraser

I've seen your other items, in particular, I thought that getting a customizable avatar-based male and female character for around $160 is a good offer. I'm worried about your high poly counts (low 1.5K tris, high 9.5K tries), but you've included a LOD system in many of your avatar assets, which should work well with unity. I've noticed your alien races include pistol as well as assault rifle animations. Very impressive. Optimization is my current worry though, so I'll be trying to test your available demos on a variety of PC systems before I consider acquiring your assets. You seem to be gearing towards first third person games, don't blame you. You have the best quality I've seen so far, I'll definitely refer a few of my indie-studio peers in Toronto to your store, in the coming months. Two thumbs up.

21. arteria

arteria

Thanks for the constructive comments - will be continuing to add booster packs, also LOD based prop assets and more over the next few months. Also you could use this kit on a mobile, in respects of the construction segments, as they are very very low poly.

Steve

22. arteria

arteria

To recap, the scene that is shown in the demo images does come with the pack

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  23. arteria

arteria

Thankyou to all customers for tremendous support on this project. As per requests, we will be releasing a ruined ship addon pack shortly, plus we will also expand the klix3d system so medieval settings can be made too

24. Mementos

Mementos

Sounds good, looking forward to it! ;) Any release date in mind for those boh packages?

25. RoyS

RoyS

Fantastic job on this set, Steve. Beautiful work! I love the windows.

To anyone considering purchasing a sci-fi model set/kit. This is one of the few sets that 1- has windows you can see out of and 2- has the exterior detailed (so when you look out of the windows you can see the exterior).

Personally, I would love to see Steve add-on to this set a 1- control room or pilot house 2- crew cabin or sleeping quarters which would complete this set as a complete ship or space station. That is another thing that would give this kit an advantage over any other kit offered out there (see my 1 and 2 above "windows" and "exterior") would be a "completeness".

26. arteria

arteria

Thankyou Mementos

27. arteria

arteria

Roys, great feedback, thankyou.

Will definatally be adding those elements in

You've got my creative thinking going!

Best

Steve

28. Steve-Tack

Steve-Tack

I played with this some the other day, and my request would be some pieces for an airlock or at least some hatches. In terms of decorations/props, it'd be cool to have some airport-style chairs (my space stations will be more like airports) and maybe some kiosk terminal type of things.

I haven't spent a whole lot of time with it yet, but one thing that seems to work well in Unity is to use vertex snapping on wall and floor pieces. Hold down "V" and hover over a vertex and a little box will appear. Then you can quickly move the mouse to snap the item into place. It is sort of like building something with Legos at that point. :)

I did notice one glitch on one of the curved hallway pieces. There seems to be a couple of "leaks" in the polygons.

29. Jaybones

Jaybones

arteria,
    I been trying to contact you.
    Your forum here said your mail box full.
    And i tried email you and got
    Could you please pm me.
    jay

30. arteria

arteria

Jay, I sent you a message.

Thankyou too for all continued support on this product

Best
    Steve

31. RoyS

RoyS

I was going to add airlock and hangar deck to what I had suggested, too.

32. arteria

arteria

Yes, can definatally add those elements very easy.

Include a few meshes with openings in for the hatch, then smaller mesh pieces, that you can click together to form the inside of the hatch system.

Steve

33. bravery

bravery

Does this pack support mobile?

34. joshimoo

joshimoo

Hello Steve.

Was this produced in unity 3.5 or 4.x?

35. arteria

arteria

Thanks for all the continued support on the pack, sci fi is very very popular!

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  36. arteria

arteria

@Bravery - Due to the modular nature of the pack using segment meshes with 6 faces each as the core pack theme - this I feel would work well with mobile. The only problem could be in the texture usage, where rather than one large texture atlas with all the elements on, you would have a collection of textures for your level, but if you kept the texture style to a minimum, yes.. it would work well.

@Josh - It was created in unity 4.

Thanks for the input

37. arteria

arteria

Crew Quarters will be released shortly, and vent/hatch system will be added this week.

38. sleglik

sleglik

I can´t find dungeon mobile pack and castle pack in download section.

39. arteria

arteria

Both are in the medieval environments section- I amended the packs this morning, they should show now.

Steve

40. RoyS

RoyS

Wow, that's fast! Awesome work, Steve. Can't wait to see it.

41. wccrawford

wccrawford

Lotta good ideas in this thread. I'm quite looking forward to seeing them implemented. :)

42. arteria

arteria

Yes, me too! Got lots of great ideas for the pack.
    Now the core set is done, adding additions is very straightforward. Ill let my creative mind run riot!

43. joshimoo

joshimoo

Hello Steve.

The pack is looking nice.
    Could you for future packs use unity 3.5.7 unless you need a feature from unity 4.x since otherwise all people still on 3.5.7 won't be able to use your packs. And there is no benefit in using 4.x if you don't need a feature from it.

44. napster

napster

Sci-Fi art looks great Steve..Good work :cool:

45. arteria

arteria

Josh, the fbx I supply will always load into other versions of unity.
    You mean the unity package doesn't load into your version if the version the package
    Is made in is higher? If so, I truly didn't know that.

Steve

46. sleglik

sleglik

Steve have you read my message?

47. wccrawford

wccrawford

Yeah, it's how they handle dependency in the store. You have to create the package in the oldest version of Unity that you intend to support, or people on older versions can't use it otherwise.

48. Rico21745

Rico21745

I would really like to see something similar to this pack, but for maybe rundown/modern environments.

It seems like such a large number of asset store assets focus on medieval fantasy/sci-fi/super modern settings but very few offer post apocalyptic type stuff.

49. wccrawford

wccrawford

I would think that it could look rundown with a little work. Lights hanging off-kilter and flickering, grunge on the walls, etc. In fact, I plan to make these look well-used in a portion of the game I have planned. If Steve adds the textures for that, that'd be great, but I'm sure I can muddle through it if he doesn't. I'm thinking of having decals for a lot of it anyhow, so it doesn't all look exactly the same.

50. arteria

arteria

Thanks William for explaining

Last edited: May 16, 2013