Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Scenes not loading in app

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by 1jstoffer, Dec 22, 2018.

1. 1jstoffer

1jstoffer

I am trying to update my app to Unity 2018 and everything appears to work fine except my scenes will no longer load outside the editor. It will load scene (0) when the app is first turned on, but no scenes after that. I have tried setting other scenes as scene (0) and they all seem fine, just none of my load calls are working. As example...

using UnityEngine;
    using System.Collections;
    using UnityEngine.SceneManagement;

public class Justload : MonoBehaviour {

void Start () {
    SaveLoad.Load();
    StartCoroutine(TypeText());
    }

IEnumerator TypeText () {
    yield return new WaitForSeconds (1f);
    SceneManager.LoadScene(1);
    }
    }

I tried making a build in developer mode and instead of getting an error message when my load call is read, my phone just goes white with black dots. It kinda looks like what you get from old CRT TV's when your on an empty channel.

Anyway I have looked everywhere and haven't seen an issue like this addressed before so I hope someone can give me some ideas.

2. 1jstoffer

1jstoffer

I finally found it. It was freezing because I was splitting my build to meet the play-stores size restrictions. Then just trying a manual install of the split build on my phone for testing. I guess you can't just do that because it could never get past scene (0). But by not splitting the build, the manual install as a single 250 MB apk works fine. I haven't tested it installing off the play store but I expect it will work.

I found the solution here.

https://answers.unity.com/questions/1425828/scenemanagerloadscene-is-crashing-or-freezing-for.html