Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions by the end of July. Read our announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Official Say hello to the new Starter Asset packages

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by UnityHas, Jun 9, 2021.

1. unity_YZiqYYk33RD2TQ

unity_YZiqYYk33RD2TQ

Same Problem for me. My unity version is 2022.3.25 LTS

2. unity_YZiqYYk33RD2TQ

unity_YZiqYYk33RD2TQ

The error:

Attached Files:

3. LilGames

LilGames

Did you do what the error message says to do?

Mark_01 likes this.
  4. joshrs926

joshrs926

I’m working on a Character Controller asset I’d like to publish to the Asset store. I really love the character in this Starter Assets package. Am I allowed to include the character model and animations from this Starter Assets package in my own package and publish it to the asset store? That would be so amazingly useful if so since I don’t have experience with character modeling or animation.

5. Kreshi

Kreshi

yes

Mark_01 likes this.
  6. ddreams_anne

ddreams_anne

Is it possible to make two adjustments to the Starter Assets: Character Controllers | URP package:

1. Change line 20 in Assets/Starter Assets/Editor/ThirdPersonStarterAssetsDeployMenu.cs from
      Code (CSharp):
      1.             var thirdPersonControllers = FindObjectsOfType<ThirdPersonController>();
      to
      Code (CSharp):
      1.             var thirdPersonControllers = FindObjectsByType<ThirdPersonController>(FindObjectsSortMode.None);
      to get rid of the obsolete warning? The same goes for line 53.

2. Make it possible to upgrade to Cinemachine 3.1.0? If I do that now, I am getting the following message:
      Assets/Starter Assets/Editor/StarterAssetsDeployMenu.cs(6,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Cinemachine' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Thanks in advance!