Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Running on a ball like a circus bear?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Shobosa, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Shobosa

Shobosa

I am having trouble getting this function to work in Unity 3d. I am trying (and failing) to set up an avatar that runs on a ball during game play. I have tried to make the person main object and the ball a child but the running animation doesn't effect the ball. Would it be better to make the whole object ball and person one object in the scene? Anyone that has a helpful tip or a tutorial that will give me my answer.

Ball_Runner.PNG

2. VishwasGagrani

VishwasGagrani

Have you added the code for the rotation of the ball?

3. Shobosa

Shobosa

I have, but it just makes the whole object rotate and not just the ball. I am trying to get the person staying balanced on top of the ball while the ball spins

4. VishwasGagrani

VishwasGagrani

Making it balance using physics will be very tedious. Instead you can make it look like it is balancing.
    1. Make the ball and person a child of empty game object.
    2. Attach the rotation script only to the ball. This won't rotate the person-game-object.
    3. Update the position of the parent-game-object. That will move the ball as well as the person-game-object. And will look as if the person is moving on the ball while it's rotating