Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question RTP Timeout(1058)

Discussion in 'Vivox (Voice & Text Chat)' started by wechat_os_Qy0837r5LGhYBO5wFbfltIXW4, Apr 28, 2024.

1. wechat_os_Qy0837r5LGhYBO5wFbfltIXW4

wechat_os_Qy0837r5LGhYBO5wFbfltIXW4

Guys, I made the following error while using Vivox:

1.After a certain period of time (usually around 1 minute to 2 minutes) after successfully connecting to the channel, VivoxService will automatically log out

2. Therefore, I had to call the Login method again when Logout was detected, but I would get an RTP Timeout error (which also occurs in Vivox's saple project)
    Does anyone know what caused it?

[Vivox]: ThrowUnexpectedChannelDisconnectException: Unity.Services.Vivox.VivoxApiException: RTP Timeout (1058)

2. bklnghkmu

bklnghkmu

Same Question, just using Vivox and testing the sample scene(MainScene), after login a few mins, it cause the error
    [Vivox]: ThrowUnexpectedChannelDisconnectException: Unity.Services.Vivox.VivoxApiException: RTP Timeout (1058)
    And no audio chat work, any solution or any set up i missing?
    thanks

3. mhakala

mhakala

Unity Technologies

@wechat_os_Qy0837r5LGhYBO5wFbfltIXW4, after successfully connecting to the channel, did you ever hear voice being properly transmitted and received? An RTP Timeout (1058) can mean that voice never worked, or it worked and then stopped working.

@bklnghkmu, in your case it seems like your client is never receiving RTP traffic from the voice server.

Complete absence of RTP packets is most likely caused by a lost/severely degraded internet connection, or by strict firewalls whether they are your own network's or your internet service provider's firewalls. There are certain countries and ISPs that block or mishandle Vivox RTP traffic for whatever reasons.

If either of you test with a different internet connection or a VPN from a far away place, I'd be glad to hear the results.