Search Unity

Roguelike Generator Pro

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nappin_zz, Jun 11, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nappin_zz

nappin_zz

Link:
    coming soon

What is it?

Roguelike Generator Pro is a powerful yet simple level and dungeon generator. The asset allows you to procedurally create 3D/2D/2.5D levels using GamObjects, Tilemaps or your custom solutions. The asset also offers out of the box solutions for collisions, variations in height, basic controllers, sub-randomizers...

How do I use it?

Simple: install the package and that's it! If you want a bit more flare for the provided demo scenes it's racommended to install install unity post processing as well. The package accommodates the user who wants a simple plug and play solution and also developers who want to add their own modifications on top of the existing code.

What's included?

The package contains:
    • The Core Generator
    • Multiple character controllers (2D Controller, 3D controller, MouseLook...)
    • Multiple out of the box scripts to sub-randomize generations and to instanciate player / targets
    • Prefab folder with multiple assets VFX
    • 6 sample scene that guides the user and allows them to experiment with the generator and find the best parameters combination for their needs. We raccomend starting with the scene (Sc)Generator.

The package main features are:

• Create simple unoriented wall / floor levels
    • Add customizable patterns to floor tiles
    • Add customizable patterns to wall tiles
    • Add random tiles to floor
    • Add random tiles to wall
    • Enable tile orientation to add detail to the generation
    • Draw corners and edges on wall and floor tiles
    • Easily change the generation rules and create what you want
    • Generate using Gameobject / Tilemaps or using your custom solutions
    • Fill the tiles manually for the ultimate generation control
    • Out of the box collision solutions for 2D and 3D
    • Generate multiple levels at the same time in the same scene
    • Customizable tiles size / level size / percent of the level to fill
    • Sample Game Manager to position the player and the target
    • Multiple randomizer scripts to sub-randomize the generation even further
    • A lot of ready made assets reusable in your project
    If you have any questions, suggestions or feedback, please feel free to contact me at nappin.1bit@gmail.com

2. w409544041

w409544041

how to implement map like "enter the gungeon"

3. w409544041

w409544041

and how to implement this,if wall is much high.
    upload_2022-7-3_0-37-39.png

4. bvonline

bvonline

I am interested in your asset. I have some questions:

Height Feature

assume, that in 3D it is necessary create pre-made wall / floor objects to create different heights on the map, instead of waiting for an asset version which supports height differences? Because if it would support height, you then would have to create sub-versions of the floor / wall parts which are connected to a special height and have to be checked if they are the top or bottom parts, am I right? Are you thinking of implementing a height feature?

Randomize Walls, Floors and so on...

Also, I could not find out if it is possible to randomize parts of the level, so that you can have wall version 1, wall version 2, wall version 3 for example which will then be randomly positioned on the map - is that currently possible with your asset? I believe for this you would need a "random" check box for each type of object (or tile) and a slot for the odifferent object versions?

Call Theme sets and Integration Options

Additionally it would be interesting to be able to generate theme sets of objects - imagine you would have a snow set and a desert set, which you can draw on call. Is it already possible to predetermine which object set is drawn, for example if I want to mix sets on only one specific map (current game level), or maybe even on other sub-levels of the game?

Thanks for your answers in advance!

nappin_zz likes this.
  5. nappin_zz

nappin_zz

Hi! No worries, I'm here to help!
    • About the height feature: The hight feature is already in game, you can already instanciate randoms and patterns that are elevated of the ground (2.5D example scene in the video). You can also remove the floor underneath the elevation or keep it depending on your needs (I suggest checking the documentation for further details on the variables available)

• Randomize Walls, Floors and so on...: With the tool you can instanciate a single "Random tile", but you can easily subrandomize it with your own custom solutions or with the Subrandomizer premade script that comes with the asset (I suggest checking the documentation on the asset content). For example: a "Random tile" when generated can spawn 1/N possible GameObjects / Sprites / Tiles.

• Call Theme sets and Integration Options: At the moment you can generate a level / dungeon by filling the placeholder tiles with whatever you want to fill them with.You can of course have multiple generator with different contents and instanciate different GameObjects / Sprites / Tiles for different generators. If you are interested you can also generate multiple dungeon at the same time with different content (2D beach example scene in the video).

If you have further question or would like to know more detailed info pls let know, you can always quickly reach me at nappin.1bit@gmail.com

bvonline likes this.
  6. w409544041

w409544041

1how to implement height of wall in 2d tilemap game as i posted above?
    2how to implement dungeon like "enter the gungeon"?
    thanks for your reply

7. nappin_zz

nappin_zz

1) Procedurally generate walls that a 2x tall only in they face away from the camera is a very specific problem, I would suggest to look for the solution in another way: instead of making the wall use 2 tiles and the floor 1 you could make the wall use 1 tile and use a smaller scale for the floor to make it look like it's a 1/2 tile.

2) Enter the gungeon doesn't procedurally generate dungeons, it dynamically joins premade rooms (a lot of them) with corridors.

Let me know if you need further help!

8. mgear

mgear

can it create large levels (or is there any fixed limit) ?
    and guaranteed connections to all areas/islands? (or possible teleports between islands)
    is there runtime generator also or is this editor tool?

9. bvonline

bvonline

Is there any control over passages from one "room" to another "room"? Because someone was asking for passages... to create maps which just are made of simple ways where you can waltk through.

10. bvonline

bvonline

This color scheme is really bad. why is it that light? better use a dark grey. I can nearly to read what is written there.

Attached Files:

11. nappin_zz

nappin_zz

Hi, the asset is a gungeon generator that procedurally places tiles it doesn't shuffle or assemble rooms. I suggest looking into other assets if that's what's your need.

12. nappin_zz

nappin_zz

We were aware that the text is difficult to read in some dark modes, an update was already pushed. I suggest you update the asset.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  13. nappin_zz

nappin_zz

Hi!
    • Can I use it in playmode as well? Yes you can generate in editor and in playmode
    • Is a connection guarantied? Yes whatever a generator generates is connected. In the island example scene multiple generators have been used
    • I there a size limit? Nope there isn't a size limiti. You can setup whatever size you want and what percentage of that size you want to fill

14. bvonline

bvonline

According to my review: if you are ok, we can talk on Discord. As I see you did not understand in detail what was meant. I write you my Discord by sending you a direct message in this forum.

15. nappin_zz

nappin_zz

Sure, I'm available

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
  16. bvonline

bvonline

as I said, you misunderstood. I never lied. As a developer, you should be interested in improving an asset or removing problems, or not? Or is it just about attacking me as reviewer?

17. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I see. I received a report about the exchange between both of you. I checked your ip addresses and both are not native English speakers and from very different countries.

It looks like it's all misunderstanding of the intentions. Why not take a personal discussion to private as forum is public for everyone and the discussion looks like a private one. Best regards.

18. bvonline

bvonline

We did that. It turned out that there have been for sure some massive misunderstandings. My review will be updated after we talked, as soon as I can. Please note, that a review is always an opinion. I tried to figure out as customer what seems to be missing or a problem. Not in every case a developer is interested in that, nor am I perfect. But in such cases, it does not help just to negate what I am saying. Thank you.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
  19. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

No worries. Nearly everything should be approached with misunderstanding first.

20. Arbalest9944

Arbalest9944

What should I set to make the Roguelike Generator Pro put collider at each wall like the sample factory scene did?

Can I configure the Roguelike Generator Pro so that it put collider 2d at each walls instead?

21. nappin_zz

nappin_zz

1. Hi, I suggest to put primary colliders (BoxCollider for example) in each wall tile. As far as the floor is concerned you could use a single collider (the option is provided in the Generator) or you could a single collider for each tile but I don't reccomend it.
    2. Yes, I reccomend to check out the 2D sample scene you see in the trailer.

Let me know if you need further help!

22. CyanSpyder

CyanSpyder

Hi,

I've generated 2 enemy prefabs as target objects. How would you create some offset between the enemies?

I've used Blaze Ai as an Ai package for the enemies. Does the Roguelike generator generate a navmesh or would this need extra code intergration?

23. nappin_zz

nappin_zz

Hi @CyanSpyder, nope unfortunatelly navmesh integration is not supported natively. If you want support on how to integrate other solutions (like Blaze AI) with the asset feel free to reach me via email so that we can figure it out!

24. markoblack

markoblack

Hi, I was wandering is it possible to generate vertical rooms, to make a game where players digs through the tiles/gameobjects

25. nappin_zz

nappin_zz

Hi @markoblack! For now the asset supports tiles adjacent to each other but not piled on top. You can still use elevations in the asset but I belive it's not what you are looking for. Feel free to reach out via email if you have additional questions!

26. Uncle_John

Uncle_John

Did you ever find a solution for this? I am also interested in creating a nav mesh with the levels.

27. nappin_zz

nappin_zz

You can still use the native way in which unity generates navmeshes :) To do so you would need:
    • To call the navmesh generation after the levelcreation. It's totally possible and there are a few methods that can help you with that, I would suggest to check the asset documentation
    • What tiles should be included in the calculation. This info is also available after generation

28. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.