Search Unity

Feedback Research on game dev tools - paid interviews with Unity users

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sesame_julk, May 25, 2021.

1. sesame_julk

sesame_julk

Hi all, I'm Julek

I hope this is an appropriate place to post this. Please let me know if it should be in another section.

I'm in the process of establishing a startup that will be developing a set of tools for game developers based on Unity. For now, you can think of it as a set of assets, standalone products, and libraries that integrate with Unity.

As part of market research, I would like to conduct a series of interviews with a wide range of Unity users to find out more about their needs and preferences regarding the products I plan on building. I have quite a bit of experience in Unity myself and led a team of programmers that shipped a quite successful Unity title. That said, as much as I have opinions on various topics myself, I'd like to make sure that these opinions match what others think.

The questions that I will be asking will primarily be related to the game development process and practices, iteration on game mechanics, the usefulness of certain products and features.

I would like to conduct the interviews online on Zoom; each will be about 30-60 minutes long. As a token of appreciation for spending time answering my questions, I would like to present each participant with a small gift. I was thinking of a Paypal e-gift card worth 50 USD. I believe Paypal accounts can be used, for example, to purchase assets on the Asset Store.

I hope this is appropriate - I've seen this kind of practice in other areas of study, social science for example. I have a budget for around 10-15 interviews. I want to stress that each person I interview will receive a gift card regardless of how useful I find the answers. It's really up to me to make the most of this survey.

PM me if you are interested in participating in this survey. Perhaps include a sentence about your background - are you a professional game developer or a hobbyist, what kind of projects you are involved in.

PS: I tried to get some info about where to post this but didn't get any answers:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/where-to-post-paid-interview-for-a-project-market-research.1113331/

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    mgear likes this.