Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

VR Render Scale setting not working on hTC vive + OpenVR 5.4 beta14

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by betalulu, Apr 18, 2016.

1. betalulu

betalulu

Hello,
    I just opened the RenderScale scene of the VR sample project and can't see any deference
    when setting VRSettings.renderScale to 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, or 2.0, they look all the same in headset view.
    Please make it work unity team, this is the only way to solve the ugly aliasing issue caused by alpha cut shaders.

Regards,

akira.

2. thep3000

thep3000

Unity Technologies

We are not aware of any issue with renderScale. When the following script is attached to an object in the scene, you can scrub renderScale and see the view in the HMD scale up and down dynamically.

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    4. public class RenderScale : MonoBehaviour
    5. {
    6.     public float renderScale = 1.0f;
    8.     void Update ()
    9.     {
    10.         UnityEngine.VR.VRSettings.renderScale = renderScale;
    11.     }
    12. }
    I thought perhaps it was a timing issue given your report, but even setting it in Start() or Awake() works fine. Can you provide more details?

Akshara likes this.
  3. betalulu

betalulu

Thank you for the clarification, i just tried the last beta 15 and it worked!