Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. We are updating our Terms of Service for all Unity subscription plans, effective October 13, 2022, to create a more streamlined, user-friendly set of terms. Please review them here: unity.com/legal/terms-of-service.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove SRP/URP from Project

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Julien-Lynge, May 12, 2020.

1. Julien-Lynge

Julien-Lynge

Just a heads-up for whomever it might help:

Was playing around with the URP. Started a new project and chose the URP preset. After about an hour, realized I wanted to go back to the standard render pipeline. So I looked around online and found this:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/remove-lightwight-render-pipeline-from-project.536289/

I followed the instructions there - set the Render Pipeline Asset to None in Graphics. However, I was still locked into SRP - I couldn't use standard materials, and the Graphics tab told me "a scriptable render pipeline is in use."

What I eventually figured out is: you have to entirely remove the Universal RP package from the package manager. Once you do that, Unity stops trying to use a scriptable render pipeline. As soon as you reinstall the package, Unity flips over to SRP.

The documentation states:

This is misleading! Just by installing URP, your project is now using URP, and expects a Render Pipeline Asset to be assigned in Graphics.

2. ron-bohn

ron-bohn

Awe no!....always backup your project. There is no way for anybody to tell what dependencies you have and a load of other information that could affect "going back" to standard. Don't ever do what you did. If you want to test out a new feature, do it in a separate blank project or tree branch in version control.

Ubrano likes this.
  3. mentalgear

mentalgear

Thanks Julien, Very helpful !

unityunity