Search Unity

Remove LightWight Render pipeline from project?

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by tubbz0r, Jun 15, 2018.

1. tubbz0r

tubbz0r

I wanted to test out LWRP within my project to see how it would look however after upgrading all my materials for LWRP using the tool within Edit > Render PipeLine > Upgrade Materials to LWRP, all my materials came out pink and a bunch of prefabs from assets I had purchased had become broken. These assets haven't been updated yet on the asset store so now I just want to revert my materials however there is no option to. Luckily I have unity collab and tried to click on "Go back to" to a point before I pushed this LWRP change however, since doing that, all my objects have now become invisible in Unity??

Any ideas?

P.S: Camera only displays black screen when running the game!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  2. eobet

eobet

Unless I'm forgetting something, all I did was switch back to the built-in pipeline in the player settings, and possibly removed the LWRP files from my project (except the installed package, I don't think you need to remove that).

To get objects to show up again, you might need to select shaders on the materials, and to remove the black screen, perhaps generate lightning? (Re-assigning materials did the trick for me, I did not get a black screen.)

Carterryan1990 likes this.
  3. Object-Null

Object-Null

hello,

i know it is a old post, but i got the same problem with removing LWRP from 2018.2. that al models dissapear.
    i also did the proces with removing LWRP in 2018.3, there it worked as expected. (only need to change the shader type).

but i cant set my project on 2018.3 because alot of scripts wont work.'

you guys found a solution for this?

4. iTwist

iTwist

Guys, I had the same problem the fix is easy: delete the render pipeline asset. Removing the lightweight render package isn't enough you must also delete the render pipeline asset you create and make sure i is unselected in the graphics options.

5. enhawk

enhawk

I get a black camera when removing LWRP from a VR project. I removed LWRP, SRP and PostProcessing from packages and restarted.

Unity 2019.1

6. iMancha

iMancha

Project Settings > Graphics > First Option - (Scriptable Render Pipeline Settings) > Select None

Then select each objects material that makes use of LWRP lit and change to standard.

This way it's easier if you ever need to revert back to LWRP in the future..

Ali_V_Quest and rusty_kuntz like this.
  7. IAVAR

IAVAR

After removing LWRP
    {

1. Select all materials what that doesn't require Standard Shader, and Reimport Them
    (Click mouse Right button and Choose the Reimport or Reimport All )

2. Select all materials what that require Standard Shader and change them material shader to standart shader )

// I solved that problem with this way

}

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  8. amit-chai

amit-chai

Thanks!