Search Unity

[RELEASED] VRLAB

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Unity3DNinja, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

*** IMPORTANT ***

Right now the asset is marked as deprecated, i just have some assetstore problems (my error), i will fix this error i launch a update very soon.

Hi i am James Roman, i currently work in a small company as senior VR developer using Oculus.

And i have some time already working on VRLAB.

What is VRLAB?

VRLAB is a complete project for VR interactions, it has a lot of premade weapons like shotguns, UZI, revolver, bow ect, and diferent reload modes, you can use gestures to reload like in dead and buried, or maybe change the magazine when it becomes empty or just have infinite ammo. It has lever, buttons, complete damage system, complete VR interaction System, etc. It is mainly a collection of components and system ready to customize.

- Weapons -

As I have already mentioned, I have worked a lot in a complete weapon system, several weapons already included (Shotguns, Revolver, Automatic Weapons), you can take the existing weapons as a base to create your own, or create new weapons from 0.

- Weapons/Reload System -

The reload system has a complete set of reload modes, you can use RealisticMode and change the weapon magazine when it becomes empty, Physics in order to reload using gestures you can reload the revolver making a quick turn with the hand, UI you can made it easy for players and let weapons to reload automatic, or just use the InfiniteBullets mode and no worry about reloading your weapons.

- Complete VR Interaction System -

It also has a complete interaction system, very extensible, you can take objects, interact with objects, move levers, buttons etc, create different interaction animations for each object, and different behaviors even for each hand.

- Bow and Arrow -

It has a realistic bow with which you can throw arrows, you can take an arrow from your back or simply take one that you have already launched, these are attached to other objects in a quite realistic way.

- Buttons and Levers -

buttons and levers that respond correctly to physics, from the distance you can activate a lever with a shot or simply by throwing something, or just using your hands.

- AI -

It contains some really nice examples, a FSM implementation that you can expand to create your own behaviours.

- VR Character Controller and Teleport System -

You have different ways of moving in VRLAB, the most common perhaps moving around with the joystick or using a teleport system very similar to roborecall.

All this well organized in prefabs ready to be drop in the scene, with lots of modification through the inspector, I have also strived to create a readable and pleasant code, so if you want to simply enter and look how everything is done, and made your own modifications through code, it should not be very difficult for someone who already has experience with Unity.

- Future Updates -

- Add new weapons (Including a rocket launcher)
    - Inventory system, so you can carry several objects.
    - I had to say that i am a robo recall fan, so i am planning to add mechanics from this game, like grabbing and throwing bullets to the enemies (that will be very cool!)
    - Later maybe just listen to the comunity and keep getting better.

***IMPORTANT*** The price while i write this for this asset is just 15$, but will be 25$ once i add the new weapons in the following weeks.

You can get it here

If you want to contacme just write me to james@unity3dninja.com.

So finally i will leave some small videos showing some features from VRLAB

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  2. J0linar

J0linar

Just purchased well.. yesterday i think
    already dropped you a annyoing e-mail ^^
    along with a review, you might wanna update the Info Text on the Asset Store
    with the upcoming planned features and add a link to this forum Thread.

Well am lookin forward to see what else there is to come, all i can say is very well done!

Now i asked this question already in the e-mail but after testing around i found it harder as expected,
    am tryin to create a non-shootable item where the player grabs it inserts a cartridge or pulls a part of it like a antenna.
    I do understand that the way to go about this is the Mag script.. Well if you got any ideas, am all ear... in the meantime am gonna keep pulling it apart and see what happens

3. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

Hi thanks and yes you are right i need to update the description.

I see your email today, i already email you this but i will leave it here to, i will attach a UnityPackage containing all what you need, please be sure to have a read to the include PDF it will help you to understand how VRLAB works,and how i solve this problem.

In order to work be sure to have in the project VRLAB already, because it will overwrite the tags.

If you need something else just let me know.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  4. Migueljb

Migueljb

Does this work with the oculus quest? Would love to test it out on the quest rather then the rift.

5. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

Theoretically it should work, because it uses the latest Oculus Integration, but being honest i dont have a Oculus Quest for testing, so i am no 100% sure, if you want be part of the testing team and give me some feedback, just drop me an email to james@unity3dninja.com, i will appreciate it.

Update:

Yes it does support Oculus Quest and Oculus S

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  6. J0linar

J0linar

Hey thanks, works like a charm
    Well there would be one thing...
    I would like to pull/push on a object that am holding, so lets say you hold it with your right hand, i want to be able to pull on a part of the object with the other hand, the part should just perform a animation or change its rotation/location (i think both should be a option to choose from).

In the long run this functionality could be used to do things like
    -pull a gun slide with the other hand
    -change zoom on a mounted scope

Well i think you get the idea here.
    Anyways thank you for providing such a fast support!!!

7. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

Yes i understand what you mean, i will see how i can include this in a new update, but for the mounted scope you can use VR_DropZones.

If you have any other problem just let me know. ;)

8. sjm-tech

sjm-tech

Interesting asset.
    I'm looking for something like this.
    Some whishes (long desired and never seen all in a single asset):
    - full arms, upper/full body presence or at least integration with VRArmIK.
    - hands collision with static objects
    - head collision: Oculus capsule collider is very limited.

I'm following the develop with interest.
    Max

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  9. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

Hi Max,

I have been used FinalIK before (and works great!) , but VRArmIK looks interesting and it is free :), i will take a look when i have some free time.

And thanks, if you need something just let me know ;).

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    sjm-tech likes this.
  10. sjm-tech

sjm-tech

Yes, Final IK is great but it's a bit tricky to configure it in a stick locomotion movement. (more suitable for Full body tracking/Teleporting).

11. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

Yeah you are right i have the same problem last time,I thought it was just me :eek:.

sjm-tech likes this.
  12. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

Hi,

I think this is what you want right?

It still have some problems but should be live on the assetstore in 3 or 4 days.

Will include two hand grabbables weapons, and sliders.

J0linar likes this.
  13. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I'd be interested in this if you supported Windows MR and Vive. Any plans?

14. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

Hi,

Yes i am really interested in Vive, and maybe MR, i will start looking for tester the next week if you are interested.

StevenPicard likes this.
  15. J0linar

J0linar

Hell Yeah, this made my day...
    Honestly you did a Great Job there!

16. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

At the moment I only have MR and Oculus Go so when you are ready for MR I would love to test that. I am planning on my game supporting other headsets like Quest, Vive, etc. So investing in those will come a little later for me.

17. J0linar

J0linar

18. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

Hi aigan,

Ok i think i will no released this on the assetstore just now, i want to add some others features (Like HTC support) before releasing another version of VRLAB, but i will upload here a .unitypackage, just impor this over your current VRLAB version and should work, on the table you will have 2 shotguns, one has infinite bullets, and the other one needs to be reloaded manually as show on the video.

And i create this you just need to create a Trello account, and you ca let me know in what features are you more interested.

So that is all for now guys, i will work to support other VR headsets, i hope that the next week i have something.

Attached Files:

19. J0linar

J0linar

Assets/VRLAB/Scripts/Experimental/VR_Slider.cs(8,56): error CS0117: `VRLAB.Axis' does not contain a definition for `Forward'

It might be to early cuz i literally just woke up but since VR_Slider.cs contains this:
    [SerializeField] private Axis slideAxis = Axis.Forward;
    what am i missing, anyways
    this looks damn good, i will edit my review on the asset store.

20. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

Thanks you are the best ;).

And sorry i forget to include a file , that should work now, if does no work let me know and i will include the whole project.

Attached Files:

21. J0linar

J0linar

you mean the worst xD

@Unity3DNinja
    Assets/VRLAB/Scripts/Editor/I_VR_GrabbableZoneInspector.cs(86,30): error CS1061: Type `VRLAB.VR_GrabbableZone' does not contain a definition for `Grabbable' and no extension method `Grabbable' of type `VRLAB.VR_GrabbableZone' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

22. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

That is very strange, but dont worry today when i get home i will send the whole package to your email, like in 6 or 7 hours ;).

Update: Ok it is done check your email, let me know if you need somethign else.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  23. Sam77777

Sam77777

@Unity3DNinja hi, i have the same problem, what is solution?

24. Nikodemus

Nikodemus

When is the update coming?

25. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I know you don't support MR right now (although I hope you will) I just can't resist buying this while it is at such a good price. I'm going to go ahead and order it today. I am not sure if you also plan on eventually supporting Go but I could understand the hesitancy due to the limited controller.

26. J0linar

J0linar

@StevenPicard
    well i got a GO as well and by the looks of it the only things missing to get it working properly for GO are a distance grab and a update of the input.

Since VRLAB has multiple Methods for reloading, the ones best suited for One Handed 3DOF Controllers are Flick reload and Gui reload.

27. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

Hi guys,

For sure the next week, but maybe could take like another week for the Unity team to review and accept.

the next week released will include a distance grab, really it is a easy to implement feature.

@StevenPicard
    Yes i have plans to support WMR, really a lot of people was asking for it.

Next week i will be full time working, so let me know if you need something, right now i am looking for a way to include support for Steam VR , but it is no easy task.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  28. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

Hi Sam :),

Well that version of VRLAB still as beta, and have some errors as J0linar warn me already, but if you want to test it, just send me a email to james@unity3dninja.com, please include your invoice number, because i will share you the whole project as a .unitypackage.

But really the best is to wait and test it from the assetstore, when it gets released.

Just let me know if you need somethign else :)

29. anakein

anakein

do you have support for multiplayer?, photon

thanks

30. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

Hi no at the moment, but i have been develop vr multiplayer experiences using Photon, so for sure i will include it but no in the near future.

31. Sam77777

Sam77777

32. FrostedBrain

FrostedBrain

How do I get the AI to attack? Is there a damage system for players?

33. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

Hi Sam,

Right now i am having some troubles in the Asset Store, and i decide to add some more features in this update, so i think i will released it this weekend.

Hi, sorry no at the moment, but i am planning to get this in a future update.

34. Wizard68

Wizard68

Hello , I have purchased your asset but it seems to be gone now , can you please update on what the status of it is ?

35. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Maybe there's some issues getting the updates approved or maybe it was canceled by the developer? I sure hope it wasn't canceled.

36. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

@StevenPicard @Wizard68

Hi guys, really sorry , the asset is marked as deprecated because looks like the name VRLAB, was already taken by another Unity asset (my error), so they ask me to change the name, i aldeady did it and even include a new update, but the asset still in review status, and it is really taking a lot of time :confused:

So the new name will be just "VR Shooter Kit" , and should be avalible in the next days, i will leave here a small video showing the new stuff coming in this update.

StevenPicard and HeadClot88 like this.
  37. makitory

makitory

Super update !!! I'm looking forward to your object inventory system!

38. igormoniz

igormoniz

I was waiting for the asset to return to the store in order to buy and returned 10 dollars more expensive :(

39. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

Hi guys i create a new thread because the name change, see you there :) and remenber to join to the new discord server https://discord.gg/GTzPhvp

Glad you like it ;) , i am working on it and in new stuff.

Sorry about that, but in the description i say that it was just the launch price :confused:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019