Search Unity

[RELEASED] VR Panorama - render 360 stereo videos

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by olix4242, Jun 25, 2015.

?

What would you like to see added in a future version of VR Panorama?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2016.
  1. Audio Capture Support

40.4%
  2. Side By Side Stereo rendering

28.8%
  3. Automatic 360 panorama metatagging for Youtube H.264 Video Export

30.8%
  1. olix4242

olix4242

You have run out of RAM (how much available RAM do you have?)
    One thing: 8k ×8k at 90 fps? This is a waaay too high for any existing system. Most of PC's can have hard time at playing 4k at 30 fps, but a modern one should do it. Here you are trying to make a video that has 24 times more data to deal with than a 4k video. This simply can't work and I'm even not sure that such a format can even be encoded with any codec, not to speak about playing it anywhere.

2. HoldensWesley

HoldensWesley

Ah ok, thanks for the heads up. We're just testing the limits of what we can do with our current project. I guess I'll have to put it on one of our render PCs and try it. Maybe we've gone over the top.
    I'm quite new to recording stereo 360 videos. Is there any tips you could suggest doing that will make a normal 4k x 4k stereo look better? Most of the videos are either too blurry or just distorted even when AA is used. The reason why we're pushing our luck of 8k is because of this reason.

3. AlanUnity

AlanUnity

I'v been trying different ways to do this for a few hours now. Attaching the VR capture script to the main camera, virtual camera, making cameras a child of another etc. Any tips or work arounds?

4. olix4242

olix4242

5. AlanUnity

AlanUnity

Thanks for replying :) I'v tried this already. The problem is with the rendered clip, it is getting that fly eye look if that makes sense?

6. olix4242

olix4242

Fly eye look? Can you post an image?

7. AlanUnity

AlanUnity

8. olix4242

olix4242

It seems that you have some scripts on your camera that can controll transform of camera (rotation and/or position). If you intend to use any script (other than animator) that does this, that script has to be attached to another parent objec and not to a camera itself.

9. AlanUnity

AlanUnity

Thanks a million Oli, worked great :)I thought the VR capture script needed to be attached to a camera.Thank you.

10. derek_unity412

derek_unity412

Hi, I've been testing a fly through in 360 degrees using your plugin and getting great results. Just noticed that videos we are embedding into the scene are not playing, just stuck on the first frame. Any suggestions on how to get them playing? I've tried going through the video settings but no luck so far.

11. HD30

HD30

Hello,
    In some of the frames the we capture using the plugin, we get weird shadow artifacts in some parts of the image. We have tried different lighting configurations buy we keep getting those artifacts on some of the frames. I have attached to images when with the problem and one regular for comparison. This happens in all of our captures regardless of scene.
    We would appreciate any help!
    Thank you!

Normal Frame:
    Normal_Frame.jpg

Bad Frame:
    Bad_Frame.jpg
    Look at the shadow behind the left tower. In all the frames this happens in the same area inside the frame, not specific to this scene.

The original frames are in the resolution size of 4096x2048.

12. olix4242

olix4242

This looks pretty strange and I have never seen this issue happening. It looks like one of the cube cameras is rendering shadows at 50%. I know that there can be some issues when shadows are disappearing completely (that happen in Unity when you have less VRAM than required by final image size - happens with graphics cards that have less than 2giga VRAM) but this shouldn't be your case. So I assume this issue isn't closely related to VRPanorama and probably can be a result of some shaders not being working properly, some scripts that are messing things up behind a scene or some kind of a shadow bug in Unity.
    Are you using custom shaders? Transparent shaders instead of opaque? Custom shader ordering? Are you using some custom light management or LOD scripts? Image effects?

13. frozenash

frozenash

Hi there,

There's a very ugly seam line in my rendered video using by VR Panorama.
    I have attached a screenshot of it.
    Is there any way or certain setting that I could render seamlessly?

Cheers,
    Justin

Attached Files:

• Seam.png
      Seam.png
      File size:
      192.4 KB
      Views:
  14. halit23

halit23

Hello
    i tried recording on 2018.2 but Unity crashed every time i ran the game. i then went back to 2017.3 and managed to record with VR Panorama RT mode but now i cant get recordings longer that 4 seconds and i am not able to set fps. just the resolution.
    is there a way to make it work on 2018.2
    is there a way to get videos longer than 4 seconds?

edit:
    i am also not able to get Animation Capture at all !!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  15. olix4242

olix4242

Hi,
    Solution was posted few posts before yours ;)
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...360-stereo-videos.336086/page-25#post-3605485
    Hope this helps!

halit23 likes this.
  16. olix4242

olix4242

You should try to adjust a environment distance value to meet your scene. Or use HQ rendering option.
    But without seeing a whole picture, it is impossible to say more.

17. halit23

halit23

Thank you so much. now only the VR panorama RT works and only for 4 seconds.
    Animation Capture starts but never captures. i have selected 8k Youtube resolution, 500 frames, 25 fps and all other settings are default.

Edit: Yesss finally it is working. I was using the VR panorama Camera but when i created a default unity camera and added the VR Capture script it worked. Thanks again :)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  18. INGTONY

INGTONY

hi, evreything working excellent just asking , i upgrade to a powerfull rig with i9 + titans sli , but the performance seems the same as my old rig i7 6950x + 1 titan does VR panorama uses SLI ? thanks for all the work

19. Rangers_Antoine

Rangers_Antoine

Hi
    When i press the Capture Audio button and press Play, i have this error : AudioCaptureError.PNG

I have an audio listener on my VRPanorama camera
    Plus, when i press audio capture, a wav file is create but its "empty"

Edit : I'm on 2017.4.12f1

Any ideas
    Thank you

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    playnary and JoRangers like this.
  20. olix4242

olix4242

It's quite dificcult to tell if it works or not. SLI is a closed system, and there is no much that a programmer can do to enable it in an application. In general, it will work when directly rendering onto a screen, but when you use image effects that has to use render textures, you can never know if SLI will actually give you a performance boost. For example, a simple temporal antialiasing or motion blur could turn off SLI as SLI doesn't support usage of previous frame render textures.

21. frozenash

frozenash

I changed various environment distance values. But it still same.
    I attached a screenshot with full frame.
    Please have a look

Attached Files:

22. Zed8

Zed8

Hello. Is vrpanorama working with cinemachine ? Mine’s does’nt :-(

23. Zed8

Zed8

Hère is my problem. I don’t understand this. Could you help me ? upload_2018-10-23_16-17-42.png

24. olix4242

olix4242

It looks that you are too near to side object - something like 20-30 cm. This can't translate well into 360 video. You could try using HQ mode to fix this, but it would hurt eyes. IF this seam isn't a point that has to be viewed, I suggest you to leave it like it is. You can get seamless stitching with HQ mode, but you should always be more aware of user experience. It is much better to have one single region that has some problems, than a whole image that looks perfectly stitched on "paper" (on 2d projection) than a whole image that has stereoscopy messed up.
    P. S. Consider always that 360 3D videos can't never work well with objects that are closer than 50 - 70 cm.

25. olix4242

olix4242

Yes, it works. Be sure that you set a separate camera with VRCapture component as a child of a Cinemachine camera.

26. olix4242

olix4242

HI, I would need some more info on your rendering. I immagine that you are using Image effects - can you lease give me info on what you are using, does it happen in every frame and generally, what settings are you using?

27. JoRangers

JoRangers

Hi,

I have the same problem.

Thank you for your help

28. olix4242

olix4242

Please be sure to follow instructions on how to configure your audio device for usage with unity. Also, sometimes Unity will glitch audio, due to how it's audio engine works. If you have a empty audio file (0bytes) try to re-capture again and see if it changed in a meantime. Simply, sometimes, when a scene loading is too long, unity doesn't deliver correct bits of audio.

29. kach0002

kach0002

Hello!
    I right now am using Unity 2018.2.12 and unfortunately, the renderscript isn't working here. I already implemented the hotfix which was posted here for previuos 2018 versions of unity.
    The render right now is almost black, stitching errors occure and the camera movement doesn't work anymore. Is there a way to fix this?
    I attatched a render to show you the errors. Normally, the render is bright and very colorful. (Please ignore the green square, I'm not allowed to show this) vrPanoTest.jpg

30. olix4242

olix4242

Thanks for reporting this issue-
    Hmm, didn't do any tests on 2018.2.12.. latest tests were made on 2018.2.6f1
    Can you tell me if this issue happens also in a demo scene?
    One thing to try: do you have activated VR support in Unity? If you do, can you try to turn it off and see if problem persists?

31. Zed8

Zed8

I'm using post effects : bloom, color grading and that's all…

32. keeponshading

keeponshading

Hello Olix4242,
    hope you have a moment for a question.

I try to get an stereoscopic real size representation from an car interior.
    Here my Blender Worflow.
    I place the camera at eyepoint from the driver.
    The eye separation is 65mm.
    Convergenz plane is set to Display behind steering wheel.
    around 600mm.
    I render out an stereo equirectangular top bottom.
    Viewed in the Vive with AVPro Unity Shader everthing has around 1.3 times the scale from real world size.

The question is how you can archieve an 1to1 representation in size?

Is it possible with your asset to capture stereo equirectangular from this position in a car and reach 1 to 1 real world sized stereo representation in occulus or vive?

Thanks for your time.

33. AlanUnity

AlanUnity

I've encountered the same issue with Lip Sync pro, it uses blend shapes. Any solutions regarding this yet?

34. Rangers_Antoine

Rangers_Antoine

Hi,
    In LipSync Pro, you have to set the Timing mode to "Fixed frame rate", then set the same framerate as your videoCapture.
    Use the timing mode "Audio Playback" only for test before capture the video.

olix4242, P_Jong and AlanUnity like this.
  35. AlanUnity

AlanUnity

Thank you Antoine, I will definitely try this later :)

olix4242 likes this.
  36. AlbyonIO

AlbyonIO

Hello,
    We are using VRPanorama with Unity 2018.1.9f2.

We are encountering some issues with Stitching artefacts, and the HQ Stereo Stitch works great, excepts it invert the eye position.

Without the HQ Stereo Stitch, my PNG files are : Right Eye Top / Left Eye Bottom
    With the HQ Stereo Stitch, my PNG files are : Left Eye Top / Right Eye Bottom

Can you help me with that ? is there any way to invert the Eyes Position Stereo Mode ?

NFB_VM likes this.
  37. P_Jong

P_Jong

One of the reviews said it works in Unity 2018, but so far it only crashes. I've tried Unity 2018.2 and Unity 2018.3. I've started with an empty project. Add in VR Panorama and open any of the demo scenes. As soon as I press play, Unity crashes. I did manage to get the demo scenes to work in Unity 2017 without any problems.
    So to reproduce.
    1. Start with an empty Unity 2018.2.14f1 and I'm using 3D template
    2. Add n VR Panorama
    3. Open any demo scene.
    4. Press play. And Unity crashes.

Looking at the crash dump file it says that the "The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access." The error file says "
    Unity.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
    in module Unity.exe at 0033:401a3244."
    And "Read from location 0000000000000000 caused an access violation."

@olix4242 one review said it worked in 2018. But I can't even get the demo to work in an empty project in Unity 2018.2.14f1. Can you verify it is working and offer me any advice on just getting the demo to work in an new Unity project? Let me know if you want me to PM you more detailed erorr log files or more info on this crash.

38. AlanUnity

AlanUnity

Thank you, that works great :)

P_Jong likes this.
  39. bazevent

bazevent

Hello ,
    I have a render problem with unity 2018.3.0
    I use megascan and HDR and I have pink picture when I render with VR panorama .
    Do you have an issue ? I install your patch for 2018.2 but it doesn't work in my case .
    many thx

Attached Files:

40. olix4242

olix4242

Please update VR Panorama with this patch that fixes some bugs in latest Unity Versions.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/uzfqpm2e9dv6nox/2018HDRP_Support_Fix.unitypackage?dl=0

P_Jong likes this.
  41. olix4242

olix4242

Have you done update with latest Unity Patch? (you can find a link above)

42. olix4242

olix4242

This shouldn't happen. In'd I can't see any reason how this could happen. Are you sure that this isn't a problem in video player app?

43. olix4242

olix4242

Stereo representation of scale is extremely personal and varies on having a different IPD (interpupilar distance - distance between your eyes). So what seems Ok for you, might not seem OK for another person. One real life example: I am sure that you as a kid remembered some places as much bigger. If you have to see some places that you've seen when you were a kid, they will always look much smaller than they looked when you were kid. We usually connect this feeling with our stature height. But, this actually isn't true. A world doesn't look bigger if you keen on your knees. You just change a point of view but not a size. A perceptive size of a world is connected to our stereoscopic vision - and as your IPD changes with age, we percieve a world as smaller.
    In real VR we can addjust this percepttion by adjusting IPD to every single user - but this can't be done efficiently in 360 video. So, if your reallife IPD is bigger than 0.65, your brain will scale this world (my IPD is 0.73, and I'm suffering because of this as most of stereosscopic 360 videos are targeted to average of 0.64). Also, a 360 video has it's own problems, so that as you go up with IPD, you get more spatial or stitching errors. 360 format isn't perfect, and it has it's limits.

44. halit23

halit23

hello
    i am having AA problem. Despite i have graphics at highest settings (8x AA)
    i have too many thin-tall elements in my buildings but i am not sure but the 360 panorama' quality is similar to scene explorer not close to non-panorama game

is there a way to improve aa quality?

45. P_Jong

P_Jong

I got the same thing in both Unity 2018.3 and 2018.2 with the LWRP. I'm going to try tonight the patch posted here. Have you tried the patch yet and did it fix the problem you were having?

I'll post my test results I hope in about 10 hrs using a fresh project with both Unity 2018.2 and Unity 2018.3 and using the LWRP 4.1

But I hope you got it working @bazevent

46. P_Jong

P_Jong

@olix4242 , thank you. That patch worked for me in Unity 2018.3.0b10.

olix4242 likes this.
  47. olix4242

olix4242

AA quality pretty depends on your scene and final resolution. If you have too mostly vertical lines (and aso thin), and camera perpendicular to those objects, you will always get some AA issues like moire or AA. It happens even with real physical cameras and there isn't much that can be done. I don't know what settings are you using in VR Panorama, but you should set slider for Speed vs. Quality to 16 (2X supersampling). Eventlually, apply some screen space AA. Unity Quality AA setting isn't of great importance, because it's made to work for screen.
    I'm really speaking theoretically.. without knowing your VR Panorama settings, and without seeing a scene, it's pretty all guessing.

48. sojungb10

sojungb10

Hi, I just bought a Asset today.

Whenever I click "Render Panorama" button, Unity suddenly stopped. I updated Unity version, and tried with another project file in case, but it happened all the time. Please help me with this issue.

Attached Files:

• bug.JPG
      bug.JPG
      File size:
      24.4 KB
      Views:
  49. olix4242

olix4242

Please update VR Panorama with this patch that fixes some bugs in latest Unity Versions.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/uzfqpm2e9dv6nox/2018HDRP_Support_Fix.unitypackage?dl=0

50. sojungb10

sojungb10

olix4242 likes this.