Search Unity

1. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Let us know a bit about your interests, and if you'd like to become more directly involved. Take our survey!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] VR Panorama - render 360 stereo videos

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by olix4242, Jun 25, 2015.

?

What would you like to see added in a future version of VR Panorama?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2016.
  1. Audio Capture Support

40.4%
  2. Side By Side Stereo rendering

28.8%
  3. Automatic 360 panorama metatagging for Youtube H.264 Video Export

30.8%
  1. olix4242

olix4242

You have run out of RAM (how much available RAM do you have?)
    One thing: 8k ×8k at 90 fps? This is a waaay too high for any existing system. Most of PC's can have hard time at playing 4k at 30 fps, but a modern one should do it. Here you are trying to make a video that has 24 times more data to deal with than a 4k video. This simply can't work and I'm even not sure that such a format can even be encoded with any codec, not to speak about playing it anywhere.

2. HoldensWesley

HoldensWesley

Ah ok, thanks for the heads up. We're just testing the limits of what we can do with our current project. I guess I'll have to put it on one of our render PCs and try it. Maybe we've gone over the top.
    I'm quite new to recording stereo 360 videos. Is there any tips you could suggest doing that will make a normal 4k x 4k stereo look better? Most of the videos are either too blurry or just distorted even when AA is used. The reason why we're pushing our luck of 8k is because of this reason.

3. Alpocolipto

Alpocolipto

I'v been trying different ways to do this for a few hours now. Attaching the VR capture script to the main camera, virtual camera, making cameras a child of another etc. Any tips or work arounds?

4. olix4242

olix4242

5. Alpocolipto

Alpocolipto

Thanks for replying :) I'v tried this already. The problem is with the rendered clip, it is getting that fly eye look if that makes sense?

6. olix4242

olix4242

Fly eye look? Can you post an image?

7. Alpocolipto

Alpocolipto

8. olix4242

olix4242

It seems that you have some scripts on your camera that can controll transform of camera (rotation and/or position). If you intend to use any script (other than animator) that does this, that script has to be attached to another parent objec and not to a camera itself.

9. Alpocolipto

Alpocolipto

Thanks a million Oli, worked great :)I thought the VR capture script needed to be attached to a camera.Thank you.

10. derek_unity412

derek_unity412

Hi, I've been testing a fly through in 360 degrees using your plugin and getting great results. Just noticed that videos we are embedding into the scene are not playing, just stuck on the first frame. Any suggestions on how to get them playing? I've tried going through the video settings but no luck so far.

11. HD30

HD30

Hello,
    In some of the frames the we capture using the plugin, we get weird shadow artifacts in some parts of the image. We have tried different lighting configurations buy we keep getting those artifacts on some of the frames. I have attached to images when with the problem and one regular for comparison. This happens in all of our captures regardless of scene.
    We would appreciate any help!
    Thank you!

Normal Frame:
    Normal_Frame.jpg

Bad Frame:
    Bad_Frame.jpg
    Look at the shadow behind the left tower. In all the frames this happens in the same area inside the frame, not specific to this scene.

The original frames are in the resolution size of 4096x2048.

12. olix4242

olix4242

This looks pretty strange and I have never seen this issue happening. It looks like one of the cube cameras is rendering shadows at 50%. I know that there can be some issues when shadows are disappearing completely (that happen in Unity when you have less VRAM than required by final image size - happens with graphics cards that have less than 2giga VRAM) but this shouldn't be your case. So I assume this issue isn't closely related to VRPanorama and probably can be a result of some shaders not being working properly, some scripts that are messing things up behind a scene or some kind of a shadow bug in Unity.
    Are you using custom shaders? Transparent shaders instead of opaque? Custom shader ordering? Are you using some custom light management or LOD scripts? Image effects?

13. frozenash

frozenash

Hi there,

There's a very ugly seam line in my rendered video using by VR Panorama.
    I have attached a screenshot of it.
    Is there any way or certain setting that I could render seamlessly?

Cheers,
    Justin

Attached Files:

14. halit23

halit23

Hello
    i tried recording on 2018.2 but Unity crashed every time i ran the game. i then went back to 2017.3 and managed to record with VR Panorama RT mode but now i cant get recordings longer that 4 seconds and i am not able to set fps. just the resolution.
    is there a way to make it work on 2018.2
    is there a way to get videos longer than 4 seconds?

edit:
    i am also not able to get Animation Capture at all !!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018 at 2:46 PM
  15. olix4242

olix4242

Hi,
    Solution was posted few posts before yours ;)
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...360-stereo-videos.336086/page-25#post-3605485
    Hope this helps!

16. olix4242

olix4242

You should try to adjust a environment distance value to meet your scene. Or use HQ rendering option.
    But without seeing a whole picture, it is impossible to say more.